.142.

Opal POV

  My eyes begin to flutter awake even though the rest of my body is begging me to stay right where I am as I take inventory over each worn muscle and tired extremity. I nuzzle a little further into the pillowy goodness that Chris created last night while I showered.

  I walked back into the living room, donning a pair of sleep shorts and a very loose fitting t-shirt, only to find my living room had been completely rearranged as it seemed each and every inch of floor and furniture was now covered in blankets. 

  "Do I even have this many blankets?" I ask, a little flustered by the scene before me. 

  "Blankets, comforters, sheets, and there might even be a towel or two strewn around where the others didn't reach quite far enough," he chuckles out, joining me from the kitchen. He puts one arm around my waist, resting his hand on my hip as he leans down and kisses the top of my hair. He pulls away, crinkling his nose thanks to the messy bun on my head tickling him.  He guides me along before picking up a corner of a sheet, urging me to go through the opening. 

  I audibly gasp as I enter the tiny oasis he's created for us. The floor is covered by a couple of comforters and my pillows off both my bed and the sofa. At the opposite end of the pillows is a small opening, showing the television set which now I can tell is where all the light is coming from. Off to the side is what's left of Mila's salted caramel brownies, and considering I've not eaten much this week, there is over half a pan left. 

  My head shakes side to side, ever so slightly as I take in Chris' hard work. "You amaze me, Sergeant."

  "Good. I like when I amaze you."

 I climb into the man made retreat and already begin to feel like a little kid again, having begged Pops and Granny to do something very similar during the summer I turned eight. They had finally agreed, as long as I kept it in my own bedroom. Some how though Pops liked it so much that he stayed with me after coming in to tuck me in for the night.

  Sitting down, I smile to myself, before realizing he hasn't followed me. "Joining me?"

  He crouches down to my level, still holding up the edge of the curtained sheet. "If you want me to," he offers timidly. 

  "Yes, please," I respond, scooting a bit further over as he comes to join me. 

  "I've got your favorite movie queued up, unless you'd rather not watch anything. I see you've noticed the snacks," he laughs, noticing I'm biting into a brownie already.

  I giggle behind my hand, careful to let no crumbs fall into my bed for the night. I hold it out to him, offering a bite which he gladly accepts, letting a small moan of approval roll over his lips. "These may have to stow away in my carry on," he mentions, taking another bite.

  "You assume there will be some left," I point out. "You know what they say about people who assume?"

  "Come here you," he bellows, pulling me to him as he lays back onto the palette. His fingers begin tickling around my hips and abdomen, causing me to jerk at the sensation while trying my best not to choke on the last bite of brownie that's being chewed in my mouth.

  "St-, Stop!" I squeal out, swallowing the food.  I decide to pull my own trick, even though it was once used before, but found to be very effective. 

  I maneuver my head in such a way to jut out my tongue, swiping it across his cheek. I expect a shriek of 'ew' or some type of disgust. I most definitely did not expect the response he gave.

  "Don't threaten me with a good time, Ope."

  And I lose it completely, allowing myself to truly laugh again.