.167. ~FINAL~

Opal POV

  "So the plan is what exactly?" Rae asks as I rock Giovanni to sleep in his nursery. 

  I run my thumb down the bridge of his nose, watching his eyes get heavier and heavier with each pass. "The realtor came out yesterday and listed it this morning."

  "Wow. That's fast." She continues to fold the baby's clothes and put them away. 

  A sigh escapes my mouth as my tired eyes go back to her. "What's fast is that there's already been three offers just since noon."

  "You know you don't have to do it, right?" I give her a shrug of my shoulders and close my tired eyes. "He would understand, especially if things have really changed for you."

  I can feel my lower lip begin to quiver as my eyes start to burn. "I've lost a lot of sleep lately, so I'm not sure I can make the best decisions anymore. Feels like maybe I should let him make this decision for me." I chuckle lightly, "ya know, let him make one more decision for me even if it is from 'beyond the grave.'"

  I feel her gentle hand on my shoulder now. "You know we'll support you with whatever you decide to do, Ope. We just want you to be happy again."

  My hand reaches up, resting over Rae's hand on my shoulder. I give it a soft squeeze. "You all are the best family a girl good ask for."

  "Friends are the family you get to choose. Don't ever forget that," she tells me, kissing the top of my head before reaching down to take her sleeping son. 

  "When did you turn into a walking Hallmark card?"

  "Be glad this conversation is with me and not Lily," she reminds me, causing me to nod in agreement although I know that talk will still have to happen too. "So, when are you going?"

  "I'm gonna drive out in a week I think. I told the realtor I'd make a choice on offers by tomorrow night. The way the market is right now, she said nothing is staying listed for very long. She gave me the name of a commercial realtor. She's already setting up some meetings for me."

  "What about Dr. Maxwell? You gonna keep seeing him?" she sets a sleeping G in his crib and motions for me to follow her out of the room. I stifle a giggle as I watch her tiptoe quietly away from the crib and through the door.

  "That's the plan, for now, anyways. We'll see how things progress."

  "Did you ever finish question 3?" she asks as I follow her down the hall.

  "I'm working on it. That one isn't as simple as the first two. It's gonna take time, I think," I tell her. Walking towards the front door I pull my cardigan on and grab my keys off the foyer table. 

  Rae pulls me into a hug, squeezing me tightly and holding me a little longer than usual. "I'm gonna miss you, Ope."

  "Don't," I warn her. "If I can't find the right place then you'll be stuck with me for longer."

  She pulls back slightly, her hands holding my arms. "You've got this."

  "I hope so."

  Rae shakes her head slowly, a tiny grin forming on her lips. "No hope so. Know so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "And that's a cash offer?" I ask Bonnie over the phone the following night.

  "Yes it is," her chirpy voice answers. "Not just a cash offer, but they want to close in two weeks at most."

  "Oh. That's um, that's fast." My heart starts to race a bit as I begin to falter on these decisions. 

  "It's just how the market is right now. If you wait a couple more days you may get a higher offer, but longer closing. Can I make a suggestion?"