.93.

Opal POV

"Jeremy, I need those lights hung through all of the trees."

"Miss Lucas, I'm not sure we have enough for all of the trees," Jeremy tells me as I continue to check through my list during a quick staff meeting.

"Then get the credit card from my office, get to Home Depot or Walmart or wherever and get more," I tell him. I change the direction of my body, looking for my next target. "Mila, the kitchen is your specialty. Everything good there?"

"Yes, ma'am. We are on schedule for the dinner in two hours." Mila assures me before I wave her off to continue working on the dinner.

It's the night before my birthday and I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, a good example of what it will be like tomorrow as well I'm sure. This is when I need more than one of me. Unfortunately the cloning procedure has not been perfected so I just have myself to depend on along with my very capable staff.

The bride and groom decided not to do an actual full rehearsal which gives us more time to work on the decorating. They'll be inside enjoying a wonderful meal compliments of Mila before heading out for a night of dancing at a local club.

I finish going over my check list with the rest of the staff, making sure everyone has their tasks and everything they need to complete them. After I run off to my office with Jeremy close behind me. I unlock my desk drawer, grabbing the credit card and pass it off to him. "Buy as many as you can find. What we don't use we can return, just make sure I get the receipts." He gives me a nod and is on his way back out of my office.

I collapse into my chair just as the phone buzzes. I answer it, cradling the receiver against my shoulder. "Opal Lucas."

"Ope, my girl!"

"Pops! What are you doing calling the Inn?"

"Well young lady, I tried your cell first but there wasn't an answer," he tells me. I look all over my desk not seeing my cell anywhere. I grab my purse and realize it's no where in there either. k

"I must've left it in the carriage house."

"You got big plans for your birthday tomorrow?" he asks.

I lean further back into the chair with an exhale of breath. "Oh yeah, big plans. A wedding actually."

"You gettin married and not tell me? Girl, don't make me beat you with a wet noodle," he scolds.

I chuckle lightly. "No old man. I'm working. We've got a wedding here tomorrow. Things are gonna be way too crazy to enjoy my birthday."

"We still need to celebrate. It's not everyday my best girl turns 31."

I love that he calls me his 'best girl.' I grew up hearing him refer to Granny that way every day after my father left me behind. It always made me smile, wishing to be that to someone some day.

"Breakfast on Sunday?" I offer. It's not much, but it's honestly the best that I can do unaware of how tomorrow will really be. I'm a preparer though so I'm not taken by surprise.

"Sounds like a plan, Ope. I'll let you get back to work. Love you."

"Love you too, Pops." I hang up the phone only to hear a knock on my door. "Come in."

AnnaBeth opens the door, her face looking slightly panicked. "What's wrong?"

She takes a step in and closes the door behind her. "The florist just called."

"Okay. And?"

"Their refrigeration system failed. All the arrangements and bouquets are ruined," she tells me cautiously.