.52.

Chris POV

The first night at my parent's went great. After dinner and getting Opal settled we watched an old James Bond movie until I noticed around 9 pm that Opal's head was getting heavier as it rested on my shoulder.

"Ope," I whisper. She stirs, sitting up just slightly to look at me. Her eyes are heavy. "Why don't you go to bed, babe?"

"I don't want to be a poor guest," she tells me, still always worrying about other people.

I take her hand in mine before standing up. "Opal's had a long day. She's gonna go to bed." I make the decision for her.

"Of course, sweetie. We'll see you tomorrow. I heard you love pumpkin flavored sweets. I just so happen to have a recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls," mom tells her.

"I'll be having sweet dreams tonight for sure," Opal says. "Good night. Thank you again for dinner and letting me stay here."

"Anytime."

We climb the steps once more. I take a seat on the edge of the bed as Opal grabs her items and heads to the bathroom to prepare for bed. I fall back, closing my eyes for a few moments. Apparently I fall asleep because when I open my eyes Opal is sitting up against the headboard of the bed, a book in her lap.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice a little groggy.

"You looked too peaceful," she says with a smile.

"And you look too cute," I tell her, taking in her Captain America footed pajamas.

"Your matching pair is in my suitcase," she sasses. I think she's joking until she gets up and pulls another set from her suitcase. "What do you say, Evans? Are you man enough to wear footed pajamas?"

I saunter over to her, taking them from her hand. "Matching pjs with my girl? This is what dreams are made of." Walking to the door, "I'll be right back."

When I go to reenter the room I toss the door open and jump inside striking the perfect super hero landing. I may not be overly excited at the fact that Opal is holding up her phone recording it all. "And that's getting sent to Jameson."

"That's fine. I'm completely secure in my masculinity," I say as I jump onto the bed. "And these are super soft. I feel like I'm being hugged by a puppy."

I look up to see Opal's sweet puppy dog face grinning back at me. "Thanks, babe. I love them." I move to give her a thank you kiss. "And, I love you."

She doesn't say it back to me, and that is still fine. I will not pressure her, knowing it'll come on her time table.

"So," she starts as I sit against the headboard next to her, "what's the plan? You still haven't told me how I'm getting back home."

"I just need you to trust me. You do trust me, right?"

"Do you think I'd be here if I didn't?"

"Good point," I say, crossing my arms against my chest. "Well, what is something you'd like to do? I'd suggest some walking tours, but it's really too cold to be doing that. There is a Ghost tour by trolley we could do. Dress in layers and take some coffee to keep ya warm."

"That sounds like it could be fun. But, you're still avoiding the topic at hand. When am I going home?" she asks again.

I decide to feign disappointment. "You just got here and you're already wanting to leave?"

She shifts on the bed to face me a bit more. "No, it's not that. I just feel a little lost."

"If you didn't want to come, then you shouldn't have." This is probably a very dangerous game and yet I don't stop myself.