|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓 ||

When Jun arrived in Kashiwa early in the morning, she didn't bother to look for a motel or hostel

When Jun arrived in Kashiwa early in the morning, she didn't bother to look for a motel or hostel. She didn't want to spend a night here. She just wanted to do the job and then hurry back.

This queasy feeling she had didn't let her sleep all night. She tossed and turned in her bed and just couldn't get a wink of sleep.

Accordingly, she was tired and drained today and if she was honest, she didn't know why she of all people was sent on a mission for a Grade 2 curse.

Not that she thought she was better or that she didn't want to do such tasks. But the last missions she was sent on were always within her own class.

But this time it was different. It seemed strange to her that such a request went to her, but for the moment she thought nothing of it but went directly to the funeral home.

Jun was already expected by the owner, who explained to her exactly what the problem was and that he could no longer do his job under these circumstances.

She assured him that she would take care of it immediately and he gave her the keys after she told him that she would call him as soon as she was done.

"Emerge from the darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure.", she murmured softly and now a black curtain threw itself over the funeral home and Jun unlocked the door.

Shohei appeared right next to her and began scanning the immediate area while Jun began looking around each room, but something seemed strange to her.

She felt that there was a curse here, but the cursed energy coming from it was much weaker than she had thought. This was definitely not a Grade 2 curse.

She lingered again in the large common room while she read through the message on her cell phone that she had received a few days ago.

She raised her eyebrow questioningly, because something definitely didn't add up here. But she couldn't put the pieces of the puzzle together yet, because she had the feeling that something was missing.

"This thing stinks big time, Shimazu.", said Shohei who was suddenly beside her again and Jun nodded slowly.

"I know. Something's not right here. This is supposed to be a Grade 2 curse, but it's Grade 3 at the most, if not Grade 4.", she answered him and when they went down to the basement together and into one of the preparation rooms, Jun saw a small curse cowering in the corner and crying.

It seemed to look like a child, a small child who had become a curse because of grief. She swallowed briefly and even though she had often killed curses that looked like children, this was somehow different.

This whole scene didn't seem natural. At least not in a way that this curse had been here for a long time. It seemed as if this whole situation was arranged.