|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 ||

The trip had lasted longer in the end than they had both thought

The trip had lasted longer in the end than they had both thought. They were at least two hours in the traffic jam with the mood that prevailed in the car.

Not only Gojo but also Jun was glad that they had both finally arrived at the motel in which they would spend the night today.

One wouldn't believe at first glance that this was just a simple motel. It looked really beautiful and when Gojo checked them both in, they both walked silently side by side.

Jun felt really bad, but it wasn't just her fault that it had come to this disagreement. And yet, she had gotten this discussion going and this is what it had turned into now.

"Gojo...", but that was as far as she got, because they were both now standing in front of the door to their room and Gojo looked to her and gave her a big grin.

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have just said that.", he said now and Jun breathed a sigh of relief and nodded slowly.

"I just...don't want anyone to have to endure the same thing I did. That would be...an absolute disaster."

"I don't think you need to worry about that. There was no one who could withstand even a finger of Sukuna.", Jun nodded again and opened the door to her room.

"Still. The thought of it just makes me sick."

"I know, and I'm sorry for saying that so bluntly. Besides...I'm going to a friend's house tonight that I haven't seen in a while. Do you want to join me?", but she quickly shook her head and smiled in his direction.

"I'd rather not. I'll stay in tonight and probably go to sleep pretty early."

Gojo nodded in her direction and afterwards they said goodbye to each other and arranged to meet at 10 the next morning.

Jun knew that he would most likely be late again and therefore she would certainly not stress about being on time tomorrow.

The room was quite simple. On one wall stood a bed, opposite it a small desk and above it hung a simple TV.

For one night you really didn't need more and surprisingly she felt comfortable in the small room. She liked the atmosphere it gave off and so Jun took off her shoes and went into the room.

She put her suitcase on the bed before taking off her jacket and going to the window to open it.

She rested her forearms on the windowsill and looked out at the small town. It was really beautiful here and she had a good view of everything.

She watched people go about their daily lives for a moment and from here Jun could even see the retirement home they would be going to tomorrow.

She took a deep breath and felt her hands start to shake a little. Thinking about tomorrow and what they had to do made her anxious.