|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕 ||

"It started when I was about four years old

"It started when I was about four years old. I think that was the first time I really noticed that something lives inside of me.", she spoke softly now, her eyes moving from her hands to the small pond.

"I was a kid. Almost still a baby and the thought that something was inside me was scary and exciting at the same time. I felt a presence that went far beyond what one would call imagination. Sometimes I heard a voice in my head, especially when I was sleeping.

At some point I went down to my parents and I told them that there was something there. That it's not like the other kids who imagined they had a friend. But that I could actually hear a voice in my head and that someone was living inside me.

I thought they would help me or explain what it meant. But they didn't.
I still remember exactly with what a deprecating look my parents had on their faces.

From then on, it was never the same. I was no longer allowed to go outside alone to play with the other children. My grandparents looked at me as if I were some kind of monster. When we had visitors, I was immediately sent to my room and I wasn't allowed outside until the visitors left. I was locked up at home.

I grew older and whenever I was alone in my room or my parents weren't around, I tried to talk with this thing inside me until the day I went home from school. I think I was eight back then.

It was summer and as I walked along the path through our little neighborhood, I saw one of those monsters in front of me. A curse.

I stood there rooted to the spot. The energy it radiated was incredible and I couldn't move a step. Tears ran down my cheeks and I gripped the handles of my school bag so tightly that my knuckles turned white.

I don't know how long I stood there and when this curse came to me, I thought that I wouldn't survive this day. But something drew its attention away from me and it disappeared in another direction.

I ran home and when I told my mother about it, I received a slap in the face. She didn't want to hear any of it, no matter how great my despair and fear was at that moment.

From that moment on, I saw them everywhere. On the streets, in the woods, on the shoulders of my classmates. But no matter who I told about it, the situation didn't get better.

I was bullied at school and at home the horror continued. My parents didn't even care that I came home with bruises or a split lip. They despised me and I think they even started hating me a little more every day back then.", Jun wiped a tear from her cheek before leaning back and looking up at the sky.

"I started cutting myself, giving the pain inside me an outlet. The wounds got deeper and deeper and when I saw the blood seeping out of my skin, that was the only time I felt like a human being.

I started wearing only long sleeved clothes so no one would see what I was doing to myself. Not that anyone cared in the end. I became an outsider in society and all I knew until then was rejection and hate.