|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖 ||

Jun sat together with Gojo and Itadori on a bench in front of a crematorium

Jun sat together with Gojo and Itadori on a bench in front of a crematorium. Neither of them said anything, and Itadori in particular seemed as if he didn't want anyone to say a word.

She looked at the dark smoke coming from one of the chimneys and took a deep breath. She couldn't help remembering her grandmother and the conversation she had with her.

How she wished that she was still alive and that she had a person to whom she could ask all the questions that were in her head.

But she didn't have that opportunity. She had no one from her Clan to ask for help or advice. All she could do was answer the questions herself as time went on.

The silence that surrounded her was incredibly uncomfortable. Even though she liked it sometimes, this was something that sent a shiver down her spine.

"Who died?", Jun now interrupted the silence, squinting over at Itadori.

"My grandpa. Although he was like a father to me."

"My condolences and I'm sorry it happened at such an inopportune time.", she whispered, looking back up at the sky.

"Have you decided what you want to do from now on?", Gojo asked now and Yuji didn't seem to know exactly what answer to give him yet.

"Are casualties like these from curses pretty common?"

"This one was a rather exceptional case, but in terms of damage, it happens all the time. It's a good night when someone dies a normal death after encountering a curse.", Gojo answered his question and you could see the thoughts that ran through his mind.

"Finding a body that's all torn apart is on the better end of the outcomes.", he continued to speak and now Jun looked to Yuji and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"If you plan to hunt down Sukuna, you're going to witness some gruesome scenes and we can't guarantee, you won't end up that way yourself.", it was no use talking up the situation he was in, she had realized that now since yesterday.

"So either way, you have to choose your personal hell."

An employee of the crematorium called them back into the building after the cremation of his grandfather was completed.

Silently they walked into the room where Yuji now began to carefully place the remains into an urn while Jun leaned against a wall, barely able to bear the sight.

This teenager had lost not only his grandfather in one night, but almost his friends as well and now had to somehow come to terms with the fact that he was a vessel.

Probably no one could imagine what a burden was on his shoulders and how much it must weigh on him to make a reasonable and rational decision.

No one could take the decision away from him, just as no one could assure him that he would reach his goal.