|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟑 ||

After all those months in which she had finally managed to feel better, to laugh and enjoy her life, her world collapsed again at that moment

Jun gasped for air and for a short moment she had the feeling of suffocating. She couldn't believe that her own father had wiped out her entire Clan.

She couldn't believe that her mother had allowed her own parents to be killed and all the other people she had known and grown up with.

It was as if she was caught in a bad dream. A dream that wouldn't end. A dream that demanded everything from her and she wished so much to just wake up.

But she couldn't. She was caught in a reality she no longer wanted to have anything to do with. She wanted to be done with it and just run away.

She couldn't bear the thought that her little brother was still trapped in this hell of lies and contempt and could probably never escape it.

Ren. Ren. Ren. Ren. Ren.

Again and again his name played in her head. Again and again she saw the tears in his eyes when he told her that he was afraid that these things would hurt him.

She couldn't help but think of how she had been scared just like that back then and she had no one to take away that fear and protect her.

But she was here. She was able to protect her little brother and show him that these curses couldn't hurt him as long as she was in this world.

She could show him and explain to him how best to deal with all of this. She could tell him all about the Clan they came from and maybe someday she could tell him what kind of people her parents really were.

Her breathing slowly calmed and she began to think of nothing but her little brother, who might need her help someday.

Jun had to be there for him. She needed to protect him. She had to be the person he could trust in these things and not have to worry about her despising or hating him.

Jun slowly got up from the floor and Gojo took his hand from her back and looked back and forth between the Higher-Ups and Jun. Even he had been shocked by the realization that they were to blame for all that had happened to Jun and her Clan.

Jun took a deep breath and all at once she released all the cursed energy she had gained two weeks ago.

A blue/green aura surrounded her body as her pupils became slits and her eyes turned blue and green. The energy emanating from her was menacing, almost as if she felt a sinister murderousness.

She looked back and forth between her father and the other guys in the room. Biologically, he was still her father and would remain so forever. However, to Jun, he was nothing more than a person she hated so much for ruining her entire life.

If she had other parents or if she had grown up with her grandparents, her life would have been completely different. She could have led a peaceful and loving life in which she wasn't haunted by hate and pain.