|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐 ||

Jun woke up in the next morning and tried to remember what had happened in the last days

Jun woke up in the next morning and tried to remember what had happened in the last days. Maybe she had only imagined it and maybe it had all been a dream. A dream from which she had now woken up. She would just continue her life here as she had done for the last 10 years. She would go to her meeting again today, then she would sit in the common room and stare into the distance until she would get her pills and could go to sleep.

None of what supposedly happened was real. This guy didn't exist, just like he hadn't killed that monster from outside. None of that had happened. Everything just took place in her head.

Jun slowly got out of her bed and made her way to the small bathroom in her room. She brushed her teeth and washed her face, before brushing her hair a little and then leaving her room. She didn't even bother to change, so she made her way to the dining hall in yesterday's clothes and joined the already existing line.

She held a tray in front of her body as she looked down with half closed eyes and started chewing on her lower lip again. She kept taking a small step forward and when it was finally her turn, she had a roll, cheese and jam on her tray, followed by a coffee and a small pot of milk.

Absentmindedly she went to one of the back tables, where no one sat down anyway and so she began to eat her breakfast. She quickly realized how useless that actually was, because after half a roll she was already full and so she pushed the tray away from her and looked out of the window, while she hid her hands in the pockets of her hoddie again.

What had supposedly happened was far too real for her to have simply imagined it. But...she could still see how this monster was killed. She could still see a kind of ash coming out of his body and he disappeared into nothingness. She could still feel the monster's gaze on her as it looked at her so intensely.

All of this was driving her crazy. More insane than she already was. How could a person even manage to kill one of these things, and even if she hadn't imagine it, did that mean that there really were people who can kill monsters?

A metallic taste spread in her mouth and from nervousness and insecurity, she had probably nibbled too hard on her lower lip, because now it was bleeding and she was forced to leave the spot alone for now until it healed a little.

"Sato Jun?", she heard her name called now and when she turned to the voice, she saw an orderly looking for her and without saying anything she raised her hand and he came right up to her table.

"It's time for your therapy.", the orderly spoke and Jun nodded slightly and stood up, but before she left with him she pulled the hood over her had and silently followed him.

Therapy. Again. She didn't even know why she had to go there at all. Twice a week the result of the 60 minutes long session was always the same. She didn't speak. She listened to the therapist as best as she could and even thought he kept asking her to do little tasks, she didn't do them.

Why should she? It was all unnecessary anyway. He couldn't help her because he didn't believe what was in the initial report anyway. Who would believe her? She could see some kind of monster and especially after her parents had done everything to ensure that she would never leave this asylum again.