|| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏 ||

Jun was relieved that Maki hadn't sustained any major injuries from their fight

Jun was relieved that Maki hadn't sustained any major injuries from their fight. She probably wouldn't have forgiven herself either if she had seriously hurt her.

Jun stood under the shower as she let the warm water slide down over her head and body while she closed her eyes and let her thoughts run free.

Today was a damn good day. She finally got to use her cursed energy and she was able to show at least some of the potential that was inside her.

She was glad that her efforts weren't in vain and despite all these new feelings she was carrying since the fight, she couldn't banish the negativity from her mind.

Even if she could fight now and even if she was now really able to use at least some of Shohei's energy, would it be enough to really help people in the end?

Jun was by now unaware if what she had accomplished today would really lead to steady development. Not only for the handling of her cursed energy, but also for the handling of her thoughts.

So far the day was actually quite good. She hadn't even thought about the things that were bothering her so much. Instead, she had felt this euphoria in her body that she had never felt before.

But now here in the shower, it was all gone somehow. All the feelings of happiness she had felt before were blown away and the dark thoughts took over her entire being again.

She didn't know if she was even cut out for all that. She didn't know if she was capable of doing all those things that sorcerer did.

She didn't even know if she was mentally capable of facing the curses that had made her life one hell.

She was afraid. Terrified that she wouldn't be able to fight them if the worst came to the worst. That she would die even though she couldn't. She was afraid of losing other people because of her fear.

Sighing, Jun got out of the shower, dried herself and put on her comfy clothes before leaving her room and entering the common room.

Of course, there was no one else there because it was already quite late and if the students were still awake, everyone was in their own rooms doing their own activities.

Jun poured herself a glass of orange juice while she leaned against the countertop and gazed into nothing, engrossed in her thoughts that just wouldn't let her rest.

She didn't want to think that way. She didn't want to be depressed anymore and imagine all the bad things that could come.

She didn't want to hide in her own thoughts anymore and hope that someone would set her free. She had almost no hope that she would ever heal completely.

Her eyes wandered to her left wrist and the scar was healing more and more each day, even though she could still feel it. Cutting into her skin with the letter opener.