79.

'Hey, you! Human in the red suit!'

'Who, me?' Sue turned at the harsh voice that sounded from behind her. With her feet spread apart, the Storm held a wall steady to give some of the Wakandian army time to pull their dead out of the way. Soldiers salvaged their friends' weapons, tearfully telling their corpses that they will finish their battles for them. T'Challa thanked Susan for her service to his people, to which she nodded back at the king.

Her fingers were spread wide to ensure stability in her forcefield. Outriders attempted to break through the invisible barrier, their skulls cracking from the constant attack with their heads. Their brains smeared across the wall of light blue and Sue crinkled her nose at the sight of the green mush. But her attention was drawn away by the reference to her attire, to which she turned around to find the voice's origin.

'Yes, you!' Sue looked down and saw the racoon talking to her. 'Who else would I be talking to?'

'Uh... do you need something?'

'I was just wondering if you could give me a boost. You know, with your blue stuff?' the racoon swung his large gun around to sit it on his shoulder. Sue was bewildered by the talking animal and struggled to gather her words. The way he stood on his back legs and talked as if he was a sixty-year-old man who had smoked since the age of fifteen was too much to comprehend.

'S-Sure?' she said. The Wakandian army had gathered themselves around her and she left the forcefield to break. The Outriders were loose once more but were attacked with spears and shots of purple that fired from Wakandian weapons.

'I'm Rocket, by the way,' the racoon walked forward and stopped in front of Sue, looking up at her with its beady, black eyes.

'Susan,' she replied. 'Why do you want a boost, Rocket?'

The name was weird in her mouth, but she successfully kept a straight face. She knew that if Johnny was on the ground, he would lose his mind at idea of the talking racoon. But she tried not to think about the comical scene and mustered a flat shape of blue. Lowering it to the ground, Rocket jumped with his little feet and landed on the blue that acted as a platform for him.

'I wanna take out some of these things from up high,' Rocket said as Sue lifted him. 'You can only be covered in so much green shit.'

'That's understandable.'

Sue hovered Rocket up over the battlefield. The creature aimed down at the Outriders that didn't have the intelligence to look above them. Letting shots loose, Rocket's accuracy was at ninety-six percent. Outriders dropped as their heads exploded and the racoon let out cusses in celebration.

'Oh, fuck yeah.'

'Look at me go.'

'Take that, you Xenomorph shit!'

While Sue concentrated on keeping Rocket afloat, she sent a chill of power to her right arm and sent out masses of spikes and discs to slice through Outriders. At lightning speed, the transparent shapes ripped through alien organs and cut through limbs. She was able to keep a three-metre distance between Outriders and herself, all while concentrating on the platform that held Rocket above the action.

Everything seemed to be going to plan, until a thunderous rumble rattled from below. The Avengers halted in their attacks and looked towards the treeline. Where the countless Outriders emerged, a line of monstrous wheels broke through the plump, green grass. Tearing through the fertile soil, the wheels rotated with spikes on their sides sharp enough to cut through anything with flesh.

'Fall back!' T'Challa was heard yelling, the wheels terrifying the king and threatening the lives of his soldiers.

The spiked wheels didn't care who they squashed. Outriders were flattened and the Avengers ran with the Wakandians, the three men in the sky trying to destroy the weapons from above. Sue ran backwards as she eyed the incoming wheel, realising how wide it truly was once it was close enough. Her eyes widened and the spikes were drawing closer by the second.