66.

The wall-mounted TV played the news report on mute. Footage from the wedding was displayed on the screen with the caption 'Super couple's disastrous wedding raises question of the Avengers' future'. The helicopter could be seen spiralling out of the sky from the perspective of the ground news crew, showing it crash into the rooftop with smoke trailing behind it. The camera work was uncoordinated as the cameraman ran with the crowd that screamed and panicked. The unstable recordings and occasional sights of the cameraman's feet caused the headache in Johnny's head worsen, and he gave up in watching the mess of a news story. It was full of backless claims and statements made by news anchors who grasped at straws for a hint of drama.

Johnny put his hand over his eyes as FRIDAY flicked through channels, but it was full of Avengers drivel. He had pulled the blinds shut over the floor to ceiling windows that lined the left wall, yet the headache thudded at his lower neck like it had been hit with Thor's hammer. The chase with the silver surfer had drained him and he was deciding whether to call the team for another meeting.

Although he told them most of the events that occurred during the chase, he was yet to explain the logistics of what happened. Johnny remembered how the entity warped through buildings and even flew through a bus at one point. But nothing was destroyed, and no one was hurt. It's ability to warp matter, as Tony had explained, made it difficult for Johnny to keep up with its speed. There were many times were Johnny had to take longer routes to avoid casualties, as his flames could set people alite and combust building structures.

Johnny was pulled from his thoughts of the silver surfer at the sound of a knock at his door. He hummed in reply, and kept his eyes closed when he heard the door open. Looking through his eyelashes, he saw the blurred figure of Natasha. At the entrance of the red-headed woman, he sat up straight with a light grunt.

'I thought that someone should come check on you,' Natasha stated. 'I know Susan's usually the one for that, but she's obviously got a lot on her plate.'

'Yeah. I guess it's not always all about me,' Johnny said, his voice strained as he leaned against his headboard.

'Shocking.'

The Romanoff grabbed the grey armchair that was sat in the corner and carried it to be next to Johnny's large bed. His floors were tiled with a white, shaggy rug placed stylishly under the bottom half of the bed. With the blinds pulled closed, the room was lit by lights that were underneath the TV and that lined the skirting of the walls.

'Have you heard from Steve at all?' Natasha asked once she was sat down.

'No,' the man shook his head. 'The guy knows how to hide.'

'You miss him?'

'Pfft, I'm not ten,' Johnny rolled his eyes, but then frowned. 'Yeah. I miss him.'

'You two were pretty close.'

'Well, Sue had Tony, so I kind of had to find a friend. Steve was cool. Although, the whole patriotic thing was cringe.'

Natasha laughed lightly and sat back in the armchair. She wasn't that close with Johnny. They were teammates and had shared a joke or two, but that was the mutual relationship that most of the team had with each other. She was always closer with Clint because of their history with SHIELD, while Johnny was closer to Sue and eventually with Steve. But Natasha could tell when the man was troubled. It was part of her position in SHIELD to be able to read people, and Johnny was like a rainbow of his emotions to her.

'I'm sure Steve is out there watching all of this,' Natasha crossed her arms. 'Anyone would feel bad your sister. I could see she was devastated.'

'She'll be okay. Tony's there. He's a dick, but he does love her. He'll do anything for her...'