37.

'Alright, let's go!'

Tony went to take flight, but his thrusters let out nothing but a pathetic spark. Sue and Johnny raised their eyebrows, wondering what his plan was. Johnny wouldn't be able to fly for at least the next few minutes and Sue would obviously need to be carried.

'Ah, crap,' Tony cursed.

A rumble in the sky made the three turn and see something heading into the clouds. Red, white and blue reflected the sunlight into their eyes and they squinted up at it. Chemtrails stained the blue as it disappeared into the distance and they worked out that it was Rhodey's Iron Patriot suit. Ever since its rebrand from AIM, War Machine was now an American symbol decked in the colours of the American flag.

'Tony?' Rhodey's voice came through Tony's suit.

'Rhodey,' his answer made Sue and Johnny turn to him. 'Tell me that was you in the suit.'

'No. You got yours?'

'Uh... mmm kind of. Main house, as fast as you can. There's somebody I'd like you to meet.'

Rhodey met up with the three and they followed Tony through the building. He brought them to a room that was made into man cave for the supposed Mandarin. Trevour Slattery was asleep in his luxurious, leather chair and woke with a start to gunshots. Rhodey ushered the half-naked women out of the room and Trevour sipped from the can of beer in his hand in case it would be his last.

'This is The Mandarin?' Rhodey questioned. Trevour held up his hands in fear and Tony lifted his mask to reveal his face.

'Yeah, I know. It's embarrassing.'

'This is the guy who brought America to its knees?' Johnny scoffed. 'You're not even American!'

'Was my accent that good?' Trevour grinned as he sat up and went to go on. 'You see, there's this twang that you lot use and it really helps to-'

Rhodey gave Tony a look of disgust at the man in front of him. The Mandarin was on the U.S government's most wanted list, yet here he was explaining how he did an American accent. Tony rolled his eyes with a loud sigh and cut off the bambling man.

'Look, Meryl Streep, you tell us where Pepper is, and he'll stop doing it.'

'Doing what?'

Rhodey pressed the hot barrel of his gun against Trevour's ear. The skin sizzled at the contact and Trevour let out a yelp and spilled everything he knew. There was a plan that included President Ellis and that an ambush of his plane would be just off the coast of Miami. A speedboat was mentioned previously and Tony took the liberaty of claiming it for the trip. 

Tony and Rhodey attempted to warn the vice president, but they knew better than to trust the government.

---

The four took Trevour's speedboat and headed off the coast of Miami. Tony's was able to save the occupants of the plane that was hijacked. Rhodey drove the boat as Johnny regained his heat and Sue made sure that all the people Tony saved made it onto land. Tony's suit was unfortunately hit by a truck while crossing the bridge, taking it out of the equation for a fight.

'How are we going to get to the president without your suit?' Sue asked. Tony stepped out onto the deck and rolled his shoulders back to stretch. The clear screen he wore over his face and it displayed JARVIS's system to control the suit. 

'JARVIS?' Tony said to his A.I. 'Is it that time?'

'The House Party Protocol, sir?'

'Correct.'