7.

Before Sue could go to clean up the glass, the sound of her phone ringing made her take a detour towards the desk. She picked it up and put it to her ear without looking at the name, sending a greeting down the line.

'Susan. How are you?' Pepper's voice was hard to hear against the loud music and noise that boomed in the background.

'Pepper, hi. I'm okay. How's the party?'

'It's... getting out of hand. Did you get your invitation?'

'I did but... I'm not ready to mingle. I really can't face the public after Monaco. Not yet, anyway.'

'Understandable, but I think we might need you here.'

'Why? What's wrong?' Sue pinched her eyebrows together and Pepper went quiet for a moment, leaving the music to boom in her absence.

'Can you please get here as soon as you can? I think I'm about to lose my mind.'

---

Tony Stark's driveway was long, but somehow not long enough for the number of cars that were attending his birthday party. Sue turned down his street and had to clench her jaw to stop it from dropping. Never had she seen so many luxurious cars in one place that wasn't a car dealership in the centre of Malibu. She crept her Audi through to see if there were any spaces at least next to the entrance of Tony's driveway, but had to suffice with a space that was a block away.

Sue contemplated whether she should risk walking up to his house while attempting full invisibility. It would make it less likely for her to be recognised as she was still in her dark blue suit underneath the denim jacket she had thrown over the top. However, it would be strange to see a blue suit walking on its own.

So, she took a deep breath and stepped out of her car. The air had a chill to it and she pulled the denim jacket tighter around her figure. She kept her gaze on the pavement and made her way towards Tony's driveway, already hearing the booming music and seeing the strobing lights from around the corner.

One her way up, a few women stumbled down the steep hill. Sue looked through her fringe as the women in their short dresses giggled and drunkenly tripped on their way past her. She knew Tony's birthday would be this sort of chaos with loads of women and billionaires, hence why she decided to not attend.

Now that the world had gotten word of her gaining abilities from the cosmic storm, Sue hated the thought of any public interactions. She wasn't like Tony Stark, who paraded around in his suit and made press conferences to update the media of his newest plans for Iron Man. Even before the Marvel-1 mission, Sue was never one for the limelight. Out of her and her brother, Johnny was the confident and charming Storm. If he was in her place, he would be telling the world everything about his abilities and teaming up with Tony Stark to be a dynamic duo.

'Oh my god, it's The Invisible Girl!'

Sue snapped out of her thoughts of Johnny and looked up to see she'd made it to the water feature that sat in front of Tony's house. The parked cars surrounded the roundabout and a group of men smoking cigarettes stood with wide eyes. Sue bit her lip and tried to form some words to let out, feeling the cold rush overcome her without her consent.

'Look, look, look! She can turn invisible!' a man with black, slicked back hair pointed in awe. Sue instinctively put her hand to her face, assuming that it was 'glitching', as Tony would say.

Sue made her way towards the open doors that sat to the right of the smoking men, and tried to ignore their calls about it her clothes disappeared too. She found herself jogging to get away from them and found small relief in idea of being inside the house.