56.

It felt like a lifetime ago when Sue and Tony fought against Ivan Vanko in Monacco. They both had grown so much since then, but Tony still saw the caring, strong woman, who was afraid to show the world that she was The Invisible Woman. And now, her ring finger sported the large diamond ring that the world gossiped about constantly. 'The Super Couple' was what the press called them, and every entertainment segment on the news contained the latest update on the progress of the wedding.

Tony's proposal wasn't completely planned. He had bought the ring without considering when he would drop down to one knee and ask Susan to be his wife. But he had thought about it enough to know that it was what he wanted more than anything. After seeing the way Clint lived with Laura and their two children, Tony was sure that marriage would be the next step for him and Sue. Whether they continued their hero work, or retired for good, the Stark wanted the Storm to become Mrs Stark. And he wanted to have a house like Clint, where no one would bother them, and their family of two or possibly more, would be away from harm.

Sue reunited with Tony after the battle in Sokovia with a tight embrace. Tony's beaten and battered suit opened its hold once he landed from blowing up the vibranium core, and Sue jumped into his arms. Her face buried itself into his shoulder and he leaned his head against hers, strands of hair sticking to the blood that leaked from the bridge of his nose. The suit behind him closed its hatch and stood in stationary mode, eyes lit and waiting for instruction.

Tony pulled out of their hug and stepped back, Sue's arms reaching out for another embrace. Her smile faltered in confusion, but her jaw dropped completely when he reached into his jean pocket and put one knee to the floor. Her dirt covered gloves went up to her mouth and she was sure that FRIDAY documented the sudden rise in her heartbeat.

'I was hoping to do this in Venice or something,' Tony said, one knee propped up and the other laying flat on the ground. 'But let's face it, we're never gonna get a second to make things romantic. Not with flaming moe behind you-'

'I resent that, Stark,' Johnny butted in from beside Steve. Wanda and Vision were off to the side, Pietro's death still fresh in the twin's mind.

'Anyway, I want this done before the L'oreal commercial-' Thor '-gets here and makes a big deal out of it. So, Sue, Susie, Susan, would you do me the honour of becoming the world's most awesome, amazing, handsome man's wife?'

The woman's eyes welled up with tears and a large smile pinched at her aching cheeks. In her scraped and scratched red suit with her knotted hair blowing into her face, Sue stared down at the man she loved. The square, crimson box sat open in his hand that he held up to her. She could see the scarred dots that lined his inner forearm, reminding her of the time where Tony was mentally unwell. The micro-repeater implants he injected were long gone, removed from her pleads. It was another example of how much better he had become because of Susan.

Tony's eyes looked hopeful yet knowing, the grin on her face giving him his answer. His own smile graced his face, the sting of pain from the cut on the bridge of his nose not bothering him in the slightest.

'Yes...' her voice was a whisper, but Tony heard it loud and clear. 'Yes, Tony. Yes.'

Steve and Johnny watched with joyful grins as Tony slipped Sue's glove off her hand, revealing the clean skin underneath. He stood up and was inches away from her, the ring's gold band gliding past her nail and over the joint of her finger. It settled at the base of her digit, the size of the gem making her eyes widen.

'Woah...' she gasped.

'What, too small?' Tony joked and Sue looked up, shaking her head at his ability to joke even now.

'No. It's perfect. Thank you... I love you, Tony,' her teary eyes blinked up at him.

'I love you, too.'