14.

Sue wore a cropped t-shirt with grey sweatpants; all laced with the unstable molecules Tony had used to make her red suit. Most of her clothes were now able to disappear with her body, making full invisibility a common occurrence for Sue. She had been practicing her abilities in the training room that Tony had made in the new Stark tower. Her hair was slightly messy after she pulled it out of a ponytail and was tired after her attempts in creating a forcefield the size of a building. But it would need more work, as she couldn't seem to master one any bigger than a small plane.

'Sir, the telephone,' JARVIS's voice sounded throughout the room. 'I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten.'

Sue looked to Tony as he let out a large sigh when his phone unlocked to display the name 'AGENT COULSON'. The man wanted to avoid anything to do with SHIELD or any other organisation who wanted to talk with him.

'Stark, we need to talk,' Coulson's voice came through the screen. 'Storm needs to be present too.'

'You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark,' he tried to do his best impression of a soulless voice and face, making Sue bite her lip to prevent her from laughing. 'Please leave a message.'

'This is urgent,' Coulson said.

'Then leave it urgent.'

The elevator doors opened, and Sue turned around to see Phil Coulson standing there with his phone in hand. She could sense Tony's impending groan as the agent walked into the penthouse with a solemn expression. The man was worried about something and the women in the room sensed it, but Tony was too caught up in the annoyance of having his security breached.

'How are you, Phil?' Sue asked, putting on a smile. The man appreciated her attempts at being polite and returned the favour.

'Good, thank you, Miss Storm,' Phil held out an electronic file to Tony who gave him a stretched look of reluctance.

'I don't really like being handed things,' Tony said, and Sue let out a 'tsk', taking it into her hands instead. She walked past the three who stood together, and she started swiping through the files.

'Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday,' Tony tried to get the agent out of his house, but Phil was determined to ignore the billionaire.

'This isn't a consultation.'

'Is this about the Avengers?' Pepper pipped up before backtracking. 'Which I know nothing about!'

While the three bickered, Sue sat on the large sofa as she went through the files. Videos and photographs of extraordinary men with profile descriptions filled the screen. Captain America, the famous soldier that had risen from the ice after disappearing during the Second World War, was seen battling behind enemy lines. Dr. Bruce Banner, also known as The Incredible Hulk, roared as he attacked the U.S army at Culver University. And Thor Odinson, a demi-god who travelled from the planet Asgard years prior, was shown in New Mexico fighting against a destroyer.

'Tony?' Sue called out from her place on the sofa. The three turned around and looked to the woman who looked up from the files, her face displaying the urgency Phil insinuated.

'You're going to want to see this.'

---

The helicarrier was magnificent. Most of Tony's equipment was situated in the lab that was set up for him and Dr. Bruce Banner. Sue carried the last of the boxes from the quinjet that SHIELD provided and huffed as workers walked past her nonchalantly. Whatever Tony decided he desperately needed on the SHIELD helicarrier was beyond Sue, but she thought there could at least be an offer to help from someone.