Amber's Full Stop

Start from the beginning

Amber put on a smile as she took out a soda. “Cyribus. Cy...ri...bus.”

“Cyribus?”

“Yes, and no he is a nice calm cat.”

Solomon pointed absently at Valletta. “That is calm?”

Amber drank some soda and said, “Valletta always a fight Cyribus.”

Solomon smiled wider. “Ah ah...what was Valletta talking about a while ago?”

Amber creased her eyebrows. “About what?”

Solomon's eyes narrowed and crossed his arms over his chest. “Your cat and you and me?”

Amber cut her eyes from his mesmerizing gaze and shrugged. “Nothing, me nuh know what she talking about."

“Part of me was hoping it was true.”

Amber froze. Solomon smiled at her.

Amber curled her lips out of that growing smile. “Anything can happen.”

Solomon's eyes averted. Amber walked behind him. Solomon's voice low slipped under her defenses. “You look good today.”

Amber nodded. “I did not even fix myself up.”

“You look good even when you are not trying. I wonder what would happen if you tried, makeup and all?”

Amber fought the nerves and smirked. “It would not look good. Soon come back. You can sit and wait out in the living room."

Solomon nodded. "Sure."

She went to get herself ready. Once she washed up, she slid on her white t-shirt and pulled on her dark green goth-style ankle-strapped joggers pants that was looser ever since she lost weight. 

Amber needed to go back to the gym now that she thought of it. She didn't want to gain back the weight and deal with feeling 'fat' again. 

Rohan never mentioned her weight until things got bad. Then her weight became ammunition for his mouth, she wasn't sure how Solomon felt about it. 

He complimented her a lot and that was nice, but those words could be lies to sweeten her up.

Then again, she wasn't as fat as she was back then. What did men call her, thick was it?

Amber huffed as she checked herself in the mirror. Maybe she should embrace it? She frowned, because she knew how men were. If she was perfect there would be nothing to pick apart.

Amber applied her lotion and perfume then exited into a surprising scene. Solomon was applying a dab of vaseline to Valletta's cut.

Amber parted her lips, but no words came to express her fascination. He was helping her, even though he didn't have to?

Solomon was the saving grace she never asked for, but Amber wasn't complaining.

Solomon closed the bottle of vaseline and Valletta touched her cut.

"Don't infect it." Solomon took out a bandaid and pressed it on her face. 

Valletta whipped her hands in angst. "It ugly."

"Tell him, you cut yourself wave boarding. That you face hit a rock or reef or something."

Isn't that worse?

She frowned. "Do I look like a surfer to you?"

Solomon chuckled and averted his eyes. "It's not about whether you're a surfer or not, they'll think it's mad. That's how I used to distract people when they asked me about my cuts. Me just tell them I was building a business complex and then they ask me about the business complex, they don't ask about the cut anymore."