Yeah obviously

Ace was almost pushed into the room where her father sat at the desk, several papers everywhere.

"Sir..." Ace spoke quietly, unsure what was happening as it was just the two of them in the room as Salvatore shut the door behind him.

Her father turned as he stood up and faced Ace.

"Mr Merrill, how many fights have you been in throughout your life?" He asked firmly as he shoved his hands in his pocket and leant back against the desk.

Ace looked around cautiously, was this some kind of trap?

"Anytime today an answer would be nice." Her father continued.

"Is this some kind of test?" Ace asked quietly.

He shook his head in response. "I'll say this simply Merrill, if I wanted you dead for sleeping with my daughter then I have the entirety of one of this planet's superpower countries armies at my disposal. One small word from me and you and your entire being would never have existed."

Ace gulped slightly.

"Now I'll ask again, how many fights have you been in through your life?"

Ace shrugged slightly. "Kinda lost track..." he mumbled, still unsure whether this was a trap.

He nodded slowly in response. "Do you have any serious ties to this town?"

Ace looked at him slightly confused. He sighed slightly before rephrasing.

"I know you have no family left besides from an uncle residing in Portland and a father in Florida."

"How'd you kno-"

"But other than that you have no family." He continued, ignoring Ace's attempted interruption.

"What of it?" Ace somewhat snapped, he was never keen on people mentioning his family situation.

"Do you have any immediate plans to get a job?"

Ace was silent. This definitely felt like some kind of test.

"I'll take your silence as a no." Her father finished firmly.

"Mr Merrill, would you say you're protective over my daughter?"

Ace looked about, confused. "Okay seriously if this is the big protective dad speech can we get to the point where you just threaten me?"

Her dad remained calm as he continued to stare at Ace.

"Mr Merrill, would you say you're protective over my daughter?"

Ace sighed slightly as he groaned out. "Yeah obviously."

"Would you kill to protect her?"

Ace sighed again. "Yeah obviously." He snapped again sarcastically.

"One last question Mr Merrill." Her father said as he pushed himself off the chair and took a few steps forward. "And either way, whichever answer you give, your life can and will change permanently."

Ace felt slightly on edge.

"Mr Merrill," he said as he stood in front of Ace. "Do you love my daughter?"

*****

"Mr Chambers is it?" Stella's father asked as Salvatore shoved Eyeball into the room and shut the door.

Eyeball looked about cautiously. Why was he being forced to meet with her dad? He weren't fucking her, and where was Ace?

"Seems you've got a very interesting record, along with Mr Merrill."