Code black

"So I was wondering how you were feeling..." Jordan mumbled to Stella as they re-approached the B&B.

"About what?" Stella mumbled as Bruce held the door open for her.

"Us, like everything."

Stella fell silent. "Umm..." she felt herself trail off as her fingers began entangling themselves together.

"Ma'am, I believe I should make you aware of a party your father is preparing for your safe return home." Austin started as they all walked inside. "Perhaps you'd like to wear one of your new dresses."

Stella looked at him confused slightly but laughed and nodded. "You know I would Austy. Help me?"

Austin nodded as he took the bags from Justin.

"See you later Jordan!" She said cheerily before quickly skipping off to her room.

Austin quickly followed her alongside Bruce, leaving Jordan completely dumbfounded in the lobby.

Stella happily went into her room as Austin and Bruce placed her bags down. They both shared a silent nod as Austin slipped out, catching Wilder's attention.

"Aust-" Stella started as she turned but saw when it was just Bruce. "Where'd he go?"

"He has a meeting with your father Miss."

Stella nodded slowly as she walked over to the windowsill and looked out.

"Hey Brucey..." her voice turned soft.

"Yes ma'am."

Stella sighed slightly. "Have you ever been in love?"

Bruce coughed slightly. "Apologies ma'am, can you repeat the question?"

Stella looked down at the candle and lighter before turning to him.

"Have you ever been in love?"

Bruce saw the look on her face. "Is something bothering you?"

Stella shrugged slightly. "All my life I've been surrounded by guys, dad's army career practically handed them all to me on a plate you know?"

Bruce coughed again as he tugged at his shirt collar. "I'm not sure this conversation is appropr-"

"Even Jordan was somewhat arranged." She sighed as she sat down on the bed. "Building relations and all that bullshit."

"Ma'am I'm-"

"I mean we got to know each other and built a proper relationship but I don't think I loved him you know?"

Bruce stayed silent as he watched her sigh again and flop back on the bed.

"The blonde male." He finally spoke.

Stella lifted her head up to look at him. "That obvious huh?"

He shrugged slightly. "One doesn't have to be an agent to see the true feelings from you."

Stella flopped her head back down. "What do I do?"

"I'm afraid that's not for me to say ma'am."

Stella groaned as she fully sat up and stared at him.

"How long have you known me?"

"Going on 13 years now ma'am."

"Wanna act like it?" She snapped.

"I was assigned to protect you ma'am."

Stella huffed under her breathe. "Don't you guys ever say anything else?" She grumbled as she grabbed one of the bags from the floor and trailed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.