Oh mirror of Aphrodite

Stella stood with her hand over her mouth. All she could hear was Ace and Eyeball's conversation in the kitchen.

"Now are you gonna fucking save, not just her life, but probably theirs too or are you just gonna shut her out like everyone in this shitty town shut out that 8 year old kid?"

Stella felt her eyes prick with tears. Ace was just like her. He lost everything so quickly too.

"Stella."

Her ears almost pricked up. Slowly she clutched her new clothes as she walked into the kitchen and looked between the pair. Eyeball's gaze stayed fixed on Ace.

"Ace is gonna help you today." Eyeball spoke firmly. "I got family stuff to sort out."

He slowly turned to her. "That cool?"

Stella looked from Eyeball to Ace. Ace stared straight back at her as he saw her slowly nod.

"Good." Eyeball came closer to her.

Resting a hand on her back he leant down and gently kissed her cheek.

"Later Artois."

He turned to Ace. "Later Merrill."

Ace nodded slowly as he almost tried to avoid Eyeball's attention. Stella watched as Eyeball quickly left.

"You don't have-" Stella started but was interrupted by Ace.

"Nah I'll help you." He mumbled quickly.

Stella nodded slowly. "Okay."

Ace looked up at her slowly as he took a small dee breath.

"I'll run you a bath." He mumbled as he walked out quickly.

Stella turned and watched as he walked away. Her mind unable to think of anything but what she had heard from Eyeball.

Ace hadn't made a move on her because he saw himself in her. He refused to touch her as all he could see was himself. He saw how vulnerable she was and it brought it all back for him.

She slowly walked up the stairs and into the bathroom as he sat on the edge of the bath, his head resting on his hands.

As she walked in he stood up slowly. "I'll give you a hand." He mumbled as took a small step closer.

Yet Stella shook her head slowly. "I got it." She mumbled as she put her clothes down and attempted to pull her top off over her head.

Ace stood and watched as she struggled but managed it. Yet he couldn't stand there and watch as she struggled with her bra clips.

She began spinning in circles like she had when they first met as he quickly stepped closer and used one hand to hold onto her shoulder, holding her still but facing away from him.

"I got it." He mumbled as his other hand expertly unclipped it.

"Thank you." She mumbled just as quietly.

He nodded in response as he turned the taps off before leaving the room. Stella let the rest of her underwear fall from her body as she slowly stepped into the bath and sat down.

Ace slumped against the wall outside the bathroom as he slowly let his body slide down.

Stella brought her knees up as her arms wrapped around her legs, her head resting on her knees.

Ace brought his knees up as his arms wrapped around his legs, his head resting on his knees.

The bathroom door remained open slightly as neither said a word.