Dad...

Ace stirred slightly as he half opened an eye. It was still pitch black.

Yet something was moving in his room.

"Stell?" He half grumbled out as he felt the blanket being lifted up from him.

Shuffling over he saw her climbing in next to him. She slid herself down in the bed as Ace cautiously dropped his arm back to where it had been, except now this time it was over her stomach.

"Nightmare?" He asked quietly.

He saw her shake her head as she rolled onto her side to face him.

"Reality this time." She whispered back.

Ace was about to question it but soon felt a finger over his lips.

"Ssshhh." She whispered as he felt her finger move.

Her hand rested on his cheek as he felt her nose nudging his.

"Ste-" he began to whisper out her name but was stopped as she softly pressed her lips against his.

Of course he kissed her back. He had wanted to the moment he first saw her.

He rolled over so he was hovering over her as her arms wrapped around his neck as the kiss got a whole more heated.

Ace pushed her down into the bed as her legs clenched around her waist.

His lips never leaving hers as he began to tug at her top, trying to pull it off.

They seperated the kiss as her top was chucked on his floor before he went straight back to her, kissing her with all the passion and feeling he could. Like she was about to disappear at any moment.

Which, come morning, she would be.

*****

Ace grumbled as he rolled over, half pulling the blanket with him as his face squashed into the pillow.

He groaned slightly as he opened his eyes and almost jumped as he saw Eyeball crouching down by his bed, a big grin on his face.

"The fuck?!" He snapped as he quickly sat up and looked around.

Stella had gone.

"She's downstairs with the others." Eyeball mumbled as he sat down on the end of the bed.

"Said your cute little farewells then?" Eyeball said, trying to force a laugh.

"Nothing happened." Ace snapped back at him.

Eyeball nodded quickly. "Oh course, course." He said sarcastically as he got up.

Bending down he picked up Stella's top from the night before as he spun to Ace.

"Bet this looks real good on you." He said sarcastically as he laughed slightly.

Ace just glared at him as Eyeball laughed, walking to the door.

"Hurry up and get changed, we gotta go." He mumbled as his smile disappeared.

Ace grumbled under his breath as he leant back against the wall.

"Gotta say, this morning." Eyeball added as he held onto the door. "She looks fucking glowing in that dress." He said as he let his eyes look over at the wardrobe.

Giving Ace a final smile, he walked out and shut the door.

*****

"Ready?" Ace finally asked as he walked into the living room.

Stella turned to face him as she saw his shirt almost matched her dress. Pale blue with coloured flowers.

She nodded slowly as she took a small deep breath.

"Charlie, her bags." Eyeball snapped as he reached out and took her hand in his.

The moment he squeezed her hand tight she let the first tear fall.

"Oh no no girl, you can't go crying on us!" Billy blurted out as he rushed over and wiped it away.

"Yeah we're not exactly good with that shit." Jack mumbled.

Stella forced a smile to all of them as she looked straight at Ace.

He stretched his hand out as she almost let go of Eyeball to rush over to him. Her hand slipped in his and he gave it a comforting squeeze.

"Let's go then fuckers." Ace snapped as he tried to sound harsh but his voice cracked ever so slightly.

*****

The police station was surrounded with official looking cars as the doors were opened for them.

The cobras all felt slightly strange, actually willingly walking inside as they felt all eyes on them.

"Oceane?"

Stella looked up as her eyes met with an older looking man. He was dressed in his full army blues.

"Oceane my girl?" The words stumbled out his mouth as he looked like he was about to break down there and then.

He came closer to them as everyone watched in silence.

Stella instinctively stepped back as she gripped onto Ace and Eyeball's hands tighter.

The man looked heartbroken as she stepped back again, feeling Billy and Jack right behind her.

She slowly looked up at Ace, as he nodded.

"You're okay, we're right here." He mumbled quietly.

Stella's attention turned back to him as she made a small move closer. She let go of Eyeball's hand but kept a tight grip on Ace's as she took another small step closer to him.

"Oceane what happened to you?" His voice broke as he reached out to her.

She flinched slightly but allowed him to gently brush her hair aside as he saw the scar that had formed.

A hand clamped over his mouth as he let go. His eyes pouring into hers through tears.

"I was so worried I'd lost you." He managed to say as he steadily opened his arms.

Stella turned again to Ace, he gave her a small comforting nod as she slowly felt his fingers slip from hers.

She looked back at the man, who was clearly her father as she took another step to him. He edged closer as his arms went around her, she steadily wrapped her arms around him as the pair clung to each other.

Stella shut her eyes tightly as it all came back.

The many times they had to move over the years.

The evenings he had spent teaching her how to defend herself.

The months they used to spend apart.

The way he used to read to her every night they were together so she could sleep.

The many parties they attended due to her father's job.

Being constantly seen as the apple of his eye.

Being daddy's little girl.

Tears fell hard down her face as she gently tugged at his jacket.

"Dad." Came the smallest of whispers.