Chapter 41

I gained consciousness a few hours later. I stretched my arms out before opening my eyes. I took a peak on my left side and felt relieved no one was there. But when I looked to my right, Zalgo was there laying next to me with his hands behind his head. He was still in his human form, looking at me.

"Can't you go to your room and let me sleep by myself?" I exclaimed as I moved away from him.

"This is my room," he chuckled. "I could leave you alone to sleep, but then you'll be shivering all night. I'm simply being a gentleman if you ask me."

I got out of bed and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Gentleman my ass, you need to know what privacy is."

"I gave you your space while you endured your grief." He made clothing appear on the edge of the bed. A black leather jacket, leggings, and combat boots appeared. "Go change, we're going to go out to have lunch."

I raised my eyebrow. "What about breakfast?"

"You slept in. It's already lunchtime." Zalgo teleported away without me responding.

I furrowed my eyebrows knowing well I don't oversleep.

Once I finished getting ready, Zalgo appeared with his signature smirk. He eyed me up before offering his hand.

"Hey!" I snapped my fingers. "Eyes up here, buddy."

"Shall we go, my dear?" He ignored me.

"I don't see the point in dressing up if we're staying here."

"Who says we'll be eating in the underworld?"

I raised my eyebrow before slowly giving him my hand.

Zalgo teleported us to an unknown location. An opened golden elevator was in front of us. I turned around only to see people eating in a fancy restaurant. The floor was filled with golden titles with a bunch of flowers everywhere. Every seat was occupied, but what surprised me was that no one had noticed our entrance.

"If you're done checking out the place, can we now go inside?"

Zalgo placed his hand on my shoulder as he led us to the elevator. As the doors closed, memories of Derek kissing me began to flood my mind.

"I still can't believe you kissed that idiot," Zalgo spoke out with a hint of jealousy. He had read my thoughts.

"It was for a mission." I reminded him. "Nothing happened between us, plus he's dead."

I saw Zalgo smile in the corner of my eye. "That reminds me, darling, don't bother to escape from me. I assume you already saw my mark on your left shoulder, am I correct?"

I nodded my head, annoyed that he had reminded me.

"My mark allows me to teleport to you whether we're in the under realm, in the real world, or we're both in different realms. Perks of being the strongest immortal," he chuckled. "Which means you can't escape from me."

I rolled my eyes before the doors finally opened. The scenery hadn't changed much from the lower floor. The only difference was that this was the highest floor and it was empty besides a table and two chairs. This floor also contained huge windows that would let you see past the city.

"Zalgo, you're back!" A brunette woman in her early twenties exclaimed. She had beautiful curly brown hair that reached to her butt and green eyes. She was also petite which gave her an innocent look. She reminded me of Sally. For a second, her smile dropped but was replaced with a fake one when she saw me. "I'll show you your table."

It didn't take a genius to figure out she was probably jealous.

Once we were in front of our table, Zalgo pulled out my chair for me. "Let me assist you, my dear."