Chapter 24

I woke up on my side with the sensation of being watched behind. I slowly grabbed my pocket knife from underneath my pillow before immediately turning around to point it at the intruder. My eyes widen at the sight. A girl with h/c hair around seven was staring at me with a lifeless expression. Her eyes were puffy and her dark circles were way too dark for her age.  I slowly moved my gaze down and saw that she was wearing a short black dress. The veins on her wrists were cut with fresh blood that was dripping onto the white carpet. 

I got up from my bed to run up to her and grabbed her by her shoulders. "What did you do!" I desperately yelled at her as I carefully inspected her wrists.

"He told me I should die," she whispered before she fainted. I was on my knees so I was managed to catch her. I heard someone enter the room and the first person that popped into my mind was Slenderman.

"Good thing you're here," I said without turning around. "This girl randomly appeared and she fainted. I need-"

"I need help," I heard a familiar girl's voice. I turned around saw Sally but with the exact black assassin uniform that was mine. Hers was smaller though. Her head was bleeding and her uniform had some holes which revealed bruises and cuts.

"Sally," I whispered. "What happened to you!" I yelled as I still held the other girl in my arms.

Slenderman teleported behind her and held onto her shoulders. "You died; therefore, Sally is now responsible for your duties."

Before I could reply, I heard another presence behind me. I turned my head around and saw Zalgo who was smirking down at me.

"You needed me to survive. Without me, you would be nothing." He chuckled.

I ignored him as I looked at the girl in my arms. Her proxy mark had disappeared and soon an inverted pentagram was replaced. It was Zalgo's mark.

"I told you, you will become mine."  Zalgo's laugh echoed throughout the room. There was no sign that he was going to stop. I didn't know what to do, I felt so useless.

I turned around to look at Slenderman and Sally, but they were gone. Zalgo's laugh got louder to the point I couldn't take it anymore. I dropped the girl onto the floor to cover my ears.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled as I closed my eyes, but he didn't stop. "STOP" I yelled again but to no avail.

I felt so weak and hopeless. I had no control over the situation and I couldn't take it anymore.  I was suffocating.

"I SAID ENOUGH!"

My eyes shot open as I felt my sweat cover my head. It took me a few seconds to register it was just a nightmare, none of it was real. I threw off my f/c sheets away from my body before reading the clock on my nightstand

6:59 am

I turned off my alarm that was going to ring at seven. I had to get ready for the morning patrol. I stared at the ceiling as I tried to steady my breathing. The nightmares had finally returned. Zalgo returned and brought his curse with him.

I took a deep breath before standing up. Immediately, I noticed Sally was on the other side of my bed. I completely forgot that she wanted to sleep with me. The poor child was terrified after what Slenderman had announced last night.

It took me a few minutes to get ready. Before I knew it, I was already walking downstairs to meet with the proxies who were standing in front of the door. I wasn't in the mood to argue with Masky so instead, I quietly opened the door for them. They got the hint and didn't speak until I quietly closed the door behind.