Chapter 30

Five days have passed since Slenderman left. In the meantime, morning patrols with the proxies, training, and night missions continued as usual. Surprisingly, no humans were trespassing the forest throughout these five days which could mean they were afraid to go out due to the rise of homicides. Since Zen numbed my wound, I was able to move more during the pasta's training and even practiced battling with some of them. Every pasta besides the proxies had a night mission during this week which they successfully carried out. Ben had his mission last night but I was already asleep when he had finished searching for Dark Link. As for my relationship with the Slender brothers, there was a bit of tension between us. We didn't talk as much which the pastas noticed but didn't ask.

I closed my bedroom door but as soon as I turned around, I got greeted by Ben who handed me the mission folder I had given him last night.

"I assume it was a fail." I sighed, already knowing the answer.

He nodded. "I swear I tried to track him down but no luck."

I grabbed the folder and made my way downstairs with him on my side. "Well Slenderman won't be too happy, but it's not your fault."

"I think it's weird how before I joined you guys I would always bump into him, but now it's as if he disappeared."

"Don't worry about it, I believe you. I just hope Slenderman doesn't get angry about it. Just be on the lookout whenever you go on a killing spree." We got down the stairs but as soon as we turned around to walk through the hallway, we spotted Slenderman with one of his tentacles wrapped around Toby's arm.

Oh no.

Slenderman snapped his head towards us before speaking, "Y/N, I need to talk to you in my office."

Once Slenderman teleported away,  Toby ran towards me.

"I'm so s-s-sorry Y/N! I tried not to think about it I s-swear!" he cried.

"As I said, he was bound to know Toby. Don't sweat about it." I reassured him as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"What happened?" Ben asked. I completely forgot he was still here.

"Nothing important. If you excuse me, I have to report this to Slenderman," I raised the folder I had in my hand before I made my way to Slenderman's office.

Once I was inside, Slenderman had been reading the mission reports. I noticed that he had a rectangle black box placed on the other side of his desk.

"All of them were successes besides Ben's," I announced as I sat down on the chair across from him and placed the folder in front.

"How did training go?" He asked as he placed all the folders in a stack including the one I returned.

"Great, I taught them new movements they could use during the battle. I also practiced fighting with some of them."

"And you did that despite your wound being recent?" He asked.

My breath hitched before I nodded. "Yes sir, but I couldn't let that get in the way of training."

He leaned on the desk with his elbows and folded his hands below his chin. "Tell me Y/N, do you deserve to be healed?"

I thought about what he wanted to hear. For years he wanted me to avoid injuries as much as possible. If I said yes then he may think I'm selfish.

"No sir," I answered.

"And why is that?"

I looked down on the floor before responding, "I should've been more careful and figured out you were just testing us with these scenarios."