fifty two

_____

My eyes fluttered open as the bright light above me blinded me. The sound of beeping surfaced my ears as well as a pair of voices. 

My eyes opened fully as I looked towards the door and saw my Mum talking to a doctor. Then I looked to my right over at the chair beside me, there sat Lucas. 

Lucas's eyes met mine as he stood up quickly and stood beside me, "Venus, you're up!" 

I could feel my Mum turn around as her and the doctor scurried to stand beside Lucas. 

"How do you feel?" Lucas asked me, "Horrible." I mumbled. 

I looked over at my Mum, her eyes we're big and puffy, she had been crying. 

"Wh- what happened?" I said, my Mum looked over at the doctor. 

"Lucas let me talk to Venus real fast." 

"I'll be back, I promise I'll come back as soon as he finishes." Lucas said hugging me slightly as he walked out of the room holding my Mum. 

"Hey kiddo, do you remember what happened?" Doctor Clyde said sitting beside me.

"Kinda. I was in the kitchen, I felt dizzy and slipped and fell. Next thing I know, I'm here. Am I okay?" 

The doctor sighed, "Venus i- it seems that your time is running out sooner than we expected. The first sign of that would have been those dark circles you see under your eyes. Your boyfriend told us you we're wearing makeup to cover those, is that correct?" 

I nodded, "How come?" 

"Because it was just a reminder that I was dying." I said bluntly. 

The doctor frowned, "Well Venus, the dizziness would have been the second sign. How long has that been going on?"

"Two days."

"Okay. Now this part may sound upsetting. So I'm gonna need you to brace yourself for me okay?" I nodded, "You only have two days left. We have to keep you here overnight, as you can see we already prepared the windows so that you can take your time. But sweetheart, there's nothing we can do at this point. I'm so sorry." 

Suddenly it felt like the world had disappeared right beneath my feet. 

The moment I desperately wasn't ready for had come faster then I had expected.

Oh god. 

_____

375 words.