forty five

_____

It was the day after Jacks party when I woke up in my bed with a massive headache. We all agreed last night that we wouldn't drink around the kids but once Tubbo and Tommy passed out, all hell broke loose. 

I sat up slightly before grabbing my glass of water by my bed and taking a huge sip, I placed it back on my bedside table and went to grab my phone before realizing I forgot to charge it.

"Damn it, horrible headache and my phone dead? Great way to start off my day." I mumbled to myself searching for my charger.

I finally found it and plugged my phone in. I got out of bed and threw on one of Wilbur's hoodies, of course, and headed downstairs to say good morning to my Mum. 

As I walked down the stairs I smelt waffles from the kitchen and smiling widely. Waffles we're my favorite thing to eat, literally. At anytime of the day, I can eat a waffle. 

As I got closer to the kitchen I could hear my Mum's voice. But not just her voice, a mans voice. My eyebrows furrowed as I approached the door way, and that's when I saw him. 

My Mum looked up from behind the island, he was sitting at the island eating some pancakes, he never liked waffles. 

"Honey! You're up, how did you-"

"What is he doing here?" I said bluntly, my Mum frowned. 

I tried looking at her in the eyes but, she kept looking away, she didn't know what to say.

Finally, I looked at him. 

"Hi kiddo, I missed you." He said. 

"Venus please, just sit down and eat your waffles and we can all have a family meeting."

I scoffed, "Family meeting? Oh so is he leaving? Because as far as I'm concerned, he is not my family." 

"Venus! That is no way to talk to your father, sit down!" 

I looked at her, I could tell my nostrils we're flared. I was so angry with her for bringing him back into this house, for bringing him back into our lives. God, I was finally starting to forget about him. 

I sighed, "I'm not sitting by him. I'll stand and hear what you two have to say." 

My Mum began to say something before my Dad cut her off, "It's okay, let her do what she wants."

My Mum nodded before taking a seat by my father, he smiled at me before taking a deep breathe. 

"Venus I know you have so much hate for me right now, I would too! But you have to understand that I love you, I love your Mum! You two we're the greatest things to happen in my life, it's just sometimes-"

"Love is hard?" 

He nodded, "Well let me tell you something. You ruined love for me." 

His eyebrows furrowed, "Yeah, you did. I thought to myself for so long how someone could just leave their perfect, beautiful, amazing wife crying in the living room late at night and have their own daughter find and take care of her like you should've. I thought to myself well if this is how love is, then I don't want it."

"Venus-"

"I'm not finished. I couldn't love, didn't believe in it. But then, I met a guy. An amazing guy who I didn't even tell my biggest secret to for so long and when I finally did, he still loved me. Dad, he still loved me, for all of me! He didn't run, he didn't get mad at me and end everything no he- he stayed. A- and you didn't, you didn't."

"So don't think, you can just walk in here and think for one second that you can make things right. Because you can't, you can't." I said, tears falling down my face. 

I sighed, "I'm going back to bed." 

_____

LUCAS'S POV

Venus called me practically bawling her eyes out which activated my best friend instincts and made me bike all the way to her house. Her Dad was back, she had been waiting so long for her Dad to be back but she never knew what she'd say to him. 

Would she run up to him and give him a huge hug? Would she scream at him? Throw something at him? These we're the kinda thoughts that have been going through Venus's head for so long, and well, I guess she chose to scream at him. 

I finally arrived to her house and knocked on her door, her Dad answered. 

"Lucas! Is that-" 

"Don't talk to me, Hi Ms Gilbert!" I said pushing her Dad out of the way and instantly running up the stairs.

I opened Venus's bedroom door and saw her on her floor painting, she liked to paint to get her mind off things. 

"Oh honey, are you okay?" 

She sat up, "I don't know. It just feels weird, like he's literally sitting in my living room right now." 

I nodded, "Yeah I know, what are you going to do?" 

She sighed, "If I'm being honest, I just want to know why he left. Every time I think about my Dad the first question that pops up is why, why did he leave me and my Mum all alone?" 

"Well, ask him. Go down there right now and ask, and then after you got what you needed tell him to go. Get the closure you need V." 

She nodded, "You're right, I need closure. Can you go down with me, please?" She said standing up looking at me.

I pulled her into me and held her tightly, "Of course I'll go with you, it'll be okay." 

She nodded before taking a deep breathe, she walked slowly to her bedroom door and opened it. 

She turned around to look at me, I nodded letting her know it was okay. She turned back around and started making her way downstairs, I could feel her parents eyes on the both of us as we made our way down. 

We stopped in our tracks, then she sighed, looking up at both her parents.

"Dad, I'm ready to talk." 

_____

1015 words.