forty two

_____

"What's that?" Wilbur said pointing at the blush that was sitting on my vanity, "That's blush darling, which actually comes next." I said putting away the eye shadow I used and grabbed the blush. 

He chuckled, "I still cannot believe I agreed to this."

I looked into his eyes and smiled, "Neither can I, but don't worry you'll look cute." 

"Whatever you say love."

I grabbed a brush and dabbed it in the blush before lightly putting it on Wilbur's cheeks. I got closer to him so that I could see where I was putting the blush which only left us a couple inches away from each other.

As I started to pull away to move onto the next step, he pulled me in by my face and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled into it before finally pulling away and looking at him, "You couldn't wait just a couple more seconds for me to put this down."

"Mmm nope." He said before placing a quick peck on my lips again, I chuckled before grabbing the lipsick.

"Last step, lipstick." 

He sighed before leaning in close so that I could put it on him, once I was done he looked into the mirror and bursted into laughter. 

"I look horrendous!" 

"What?! You look amazing!" 

"Love, no offense, your makeup always looks beautiful but when you try it on other people, not so beautiful." He said in between laughs, my jaw dropped as I grabbed a makeup wipe from my drawers and walked up to him.

I hesitated for a second but then realized it was just Wilbur. I sat on his lap, with both of my legs on either side of him and our faces face to face. He stopped laughing now, he even got a little flustered when our eyes finally met each others. 

"What're you doing Venus?" He said slowly creeping his arms around my waist, "Wiping your makeup off, you know because it's ugly?"

"I knew said that!"

"You said it was horrendous, same thing!" 

He went to go say something but I grabbed his face so that he could stay still. I started wiping off his makeup slowly, now I was getting flustered from how much he kept looking at me.

"You know I'm trying really hard to be mad at you right now but you aren't helping with the way you're looking at me."

He smirked before moving my hand out of the way and just looking at me, I felt my cheeks heat up so I looked away. But as I looked away he brought his other hand up and placed his fingers on my jaw, turning my face upwards so that I was staring at him.

"Hmm, got nothing else to say?" He said softly.

I stayed silent. Then, he leaned down to my ear and moved my hair out of the way before whispering, "Did I make you nervous?"

I smirked before pushing him back so that I could wipe the rest off, he chuckled before staying still and letting me finish what I had to do.

"Okay, done." I said throwing the makeup wipe in the trash before looking at him.

"What do you wanna do now?" I said.

"Wanna watch a movie and cuddle?" 

I smiled, "Sure come on!" 

He lifted me up causing me to laugh and threw me on the bed. I chuckled before moving to the side so that he could get on the bed too.

He crawled underneath the covers and pulled me closer to him. I snuggled into him and he rubbed my back gently with his thumb.

"This is comfy, my safe place." I said softly.

"Mine too V, I'm gonna miss this."

"Shh, not now please. I just wanna enjoy this while we can." I said looking up at him, he nodded before kissing me on my forehead. 

I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, "What shall we watch?" 

"Can we just lay here for a second?" 

I smiled, "Of course we can, I love you." 

"I love you too Venus, forever." 

"Forever."

_____

a/n: i have to type something right here or else the word count is gonna be 666 and i don't want that.

687 words.