five

_____

"It's beautiful, isn't it honey?" 

"It is Dad, I love watching the sunset with you." 

My Dad brought me up onto his lap and smiled at me, "I'm sorry we can't physically go outside and see it but, at least we see it together right?"

I nodded, "I like this idea." 

"Hey kiddo, I got you something today." 

"A present?!" My Dad put me back on the floor and pulled a tiny box out of his pocket. 

He opened it and pulled out a beaded bracelet, it had a V on it for Venus. 

I gasped, "That's beautiful Dad, I'll never take it off!"

My Father chucked, "You better not, it'll remind you that I'm always with you."

I looked up at him, "Always?"

"Always."

_____

-INSTAGRAM-

venusbaby:

liked by lucasreynolds and 122 more

caption- get you a bestfriend who will apologize with grandpa sweaters <3

comments under this post have been disabled. 

_____

I posted on my Instagram which I don't normally do, but Lucas convinced me the other day that posting on Instagram will lead to new followers which would lead to new friends, and if you couldn't tell, I only have one friend. So, I took his advice and to be honest, I'm quite glad I did.

I looked carefully at the photo admiring the sweater and how cute the photo looked in general, but then I realized something.

I wasn't wearing my bracelet. 

I soon began to panic and searched frantically around my room, on my bed, on my desk, my closet, everywhere.

My Dad gave me that bracelet when I was little and I told him I'd always wear it, I know my Dad's a jerk but that didn't mean I'd stop wearing it. 

I sat down and tried to calm myself before dialing Lucas's number, he answered.

"Hey V, what's up?"

"Did you take my beaded bracelet I always wear? Or did you see it anywhere? I have no clue what to do Lucas, I've been searching forever and I can't find it! I can't loose that bracelet, my Dad gave that to me a couple years before he left! And I-"

"Okay Venus I get it! What I need you to do right now is breathe, can you do that for me?"

I sighed, I started to take slow breathes in and out. I finally calmed myself down before wiping the tears off of my face, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay V, and I'm sorry but I haven't seen your bracelet. And no, I never took it."

"Then where could it be Lucas? I never take it off."

"When was the last time you saw it?"

I tried to think, "The other night when you ditched me for Collins."

"Well then maybe it's at the train station."

"I really hope not, it's probably been stolen by now!" 

"It's worth a look right? I'd totally go with you but I have to work, call me if you find it alright?"

I sighed, "Okay, thanks for the help. Bye Lucas." I said, before hanging up. 

Lucas was right, it was worth the look. Besides, my Mum was working a late shift and I really needed to get out of the house. 

So, I grabbed my phone and my bag and headed out. 

_____

569 words.