fifty one

TW// mention of abuse 

_____

It was family movie night. Me, my Mum, Lucas and even Wilbur we're all in my living room spread out watching Alice in Wonderland, one of my favorites. 

Lucas said his parents we're supposed to be coming, but that was almost 2 hours ago. He never was close with his family, that's part of the reason he was always over. 

Growing up was difficult for him, he didn't know he was gay and I was the first girl he ever 'liked', gross I know. I liked him too though, but we soon realized we we're like family, and when we got to middle school he broke the news to me, I was the first to know.

My Mum was the second to know he was gay, she seemed to forget quite often though. But it wasn't her fault, she was quite old and probably didn't even remember what my favorite color was.

When Lucas told his parents, it was rough. His Mum had open arms for him, but his Father didn't. Lucas got abused a lot growing up, he learned to step up to his Dad and finally escaped that part of his life. That's why I felt horrible the night I had to go get him from Collins, I saw the fear in his eyes that night, it was the same look he gave me when we we're 12 and he biked all the way to my house, his Dad beat him up pretty badly that night. 

Now looking over at him smiling at his phone, probably texting his soon to be boyfriend Flynn, he was happy now. 

He must've felt my gaze on him as his eyes darted towards mine, his cheeks turned red as he turned his phone off quickly and focused his attention on the movie.

I chuckled snuggling closer to Wilbur, he looked down at me and smiled. He leaned down closer to my ear, "What's so funny?" He whispered.

I pointed in Lucas's direction as he was already back to smiling at his phone, "He's texting Flynn, and he's smiling! I hope something happens between them." I whispered.

"I bet something will happen." He whispered. 

I felt my stomach growl as I started to feel hungry, I sat up and Wilbur immediately wrapped his arm around my waist, "Where are you going?" 

"Getting something to eat, you hungry?" I said, he nodded sitting up as well and followed me to the kitchen. 

"DON'T DO ANYTHING GROSS YOU TWO!" Lucas shouted, causing me to chuckle. 

"You really think something will happen between Lucas and Flynn?" I said to Wilbur who was now sitting at my kitchen island while I looked through the cabinets for any sign of food. 

"Of course I do, he's smiling at his phone the way I smiled texting you when we first met." Those words tugged at my hair, making me do a little spin while still looking for food. 

I slipped a little pulling my self up on the counter. Wilbur shot up, "Venus, you okay?!"

"Yeah yeah, the floors just slip-" I said, actually falling this time. 

Wilbur quickly ran towards me and sat on the ground with me, pulling me in his lap. 

"Venus? Venus what's going on?" 

"It- it's cold." I said, starting to shiver. 

My eyes started to fill with tears as they streamed down my face, then I remembered I had put makeup on my dark circles that had formed from my XP, oh no.

Wilbur studied my face before saying, "Venus why'd you cover that up? Oh god, oh god, are you okay?" 

Before I could say anything I heard Lucas's voice, then I saw Lucas's face looking down at me.

"Oh my god, Katie!" Lucas shouted for my Mum.

"Venus it's okay, just keep your eyes open! Please please keep your eyes open for me please- wait no, Venus no- no DON'T CLOSE THEM! VENUS DO-" 

The room went dark. 

_____

a/n: get your tissues ready, i'm so not ready for what's coming next :( 

668 words.