thirty nine

_____

"Hi chat!"

"Aw thank you so much for the 20 bomb holy cow, you guys are insane!"

"I'm sorry I've been gone for so long I just haven't been feeling the best but, I'm back and I'm ready to stream! I have a special guest today..."

"Your favorite!" Lucas said rolling in with the other chair and sitting beside me.

"We finally got Lucas on a stream."

"Thank god, they've all be waiting!" Lucas said, I chuckled. 

"We don't really have a plan for this stream so we're just gonna hang out for a bit." 

_____

The stream went successful and ended thirty minutes ago. It was kinda late so we we're just laying in bed watching Gilmore Girls. 

I grabbed my guitar and sat up, I tried to play it but my hand kept on moving.

"Ooo you gonna play something? Let's hear it." Lucas said also sitting up, I gulped, "On second thought, I'm not in the mood to play."

"You're always in the mood to play, you okay?" 

I placed my guitar down and looked over at him, "Never better!" I said.

He titled his head and stayed silence for a bit, after about twenty seconds he finally said something, "You're shaking." 

"Duh, it's freezing in here." 

He shook his head, "No, your doctor said that if you we're shaking we had to take you to the hospital as soon as-"

"Lucas chill, I'm fine! I seriously am cold, I promise."

He sighed, "I'm telling your Mum." 

I grabbed his arm causing him to sit back down, "Please don't."

"Venus this is serious!" 

"It's not! God it's like ever since I told everyone it's like you guys are treating me like a disease."

"Venus, you we're exposed to light! This isn't a game!" 

"You think I don't know that?!" 

"You're actually okay?"

I nodded, "Fine, I won't say anything." 

"Thank you Lucas that means so much-" 

"But, I'm gonna head home. It's getting late and I'm doing stuff with my Mum tomorrow."

"Wait Lucas, you aren't mad are you?" 

He grabbed his stuff quickly before pausing to look at me, "I'm your bestfriend, am I not?"

"Of course you are, why are you ask-" 

"I've known about your XP ever since I met you, and I know how badly you don't want to feel like a disease, so the fact you'd think I'd actually do that is unbelievable." 

"Lucas I'm sorry I-"

"It's fine, I'll see you tomorrow." He said before leaving my room, what the hell. 

_____

It was the next day, I looked over at my phone and realized I slept in. 

It was already five in the afternoon and I was tired, I got out of bed and went downstairs to greet my Mum. 

As I walked down I saw her on the couch with her head in her hands, "Mum?"

She looked up at me with tears falling down her face, "Mum w- what's wrong?" 

She sniffled, "Can you sit down please?"

I quickly walked towards the couch and sat down wrapping my arms around her, "Is everything okay, what happened?"

She sighed before looking into my eyes, "Your doctor came by today."

My eyes widened, "Really!? What'd she say!?" 

"Honey, the damage, it was severe." Her voice slightly breaking. 

"Severe? How severe?"

"It's bad love, the charts they showed me we're horrendous. I'm so sorry my baby." She began to cry, I froze.

I sighed, "Are you sure there isn't anything we can do?"

"There isn't a cure baby." She said, I began to cry now too. 

I laid my head on her lap and sobbed, she moved the hair out of my face and kissed me on my forehead. 

I sniffled, "How long do I have?" 

_____

a/n:  im sorry

604 words.