four

______

"Venus! Lucas is here!" My Mum yelled from downstairs.

Great.

I was still sorta ticked off at Lucas, ditching me for a guy who usually never gives him the time of day, for not even telling me what he was doing beforehand, and not even apologizing.

I opened my bedroom door and Lucas was already standing there, with a bag in his hand.

"Okay I know I messed up but, I got you a present?" He gestured to the bag, I grabbed it and looked inside. It was a sweater, a grandpa sweater to be precise. 

I liked grandpa sweaters, but that wasn't all. There was also a note in the bag, inside the note was written, 'i'm the worst bestfriend ever, i'm sorry v.' 

I nodded, "You are the worst bestfriend ever."

Lucas chuckled, "I'm really sorry V, I should've told you I was going over to Collins. I guess I just got excited when he finally returned my calls."

"It's fine Lucas, but if you ever do that again I will literally make your life hell."

"Geez alright!" I chuckled, "Thank you for the gift. Now, we have to talk."

"About?"

"About Collins! Seriously Lucas, the guys a total jerk."

"Venus last night was, amazing. He asked me to come over, we watched a movie and we didn't hit third base but, there was making out involved."

"Oh god, don't tell me all the details!"

Lucas chuckled, "Why do you hate the guy so much?"

"Hmm, let's see shall we? He left you on the side of the rode once, he cheated on you, he's called you horrible things more than once, and you still continue to talk to the guy!"

"V that's all in the past, he's different now. Besides, what would you know about boys? I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy you've actually spoken to."

"I'll have you know I met a very sweet guy last night, sorry to burst your bubble."

"A GUY? Venus tell me everything right now!" 

"Chill out Lucas, it's not that big of a deal. I was at the train station playing my guitar and he told me it sounded good, then he told me he had a band and-"

"He has a band? Oh so that's your type then, I see you." Lucas smirked at me. 

"Lucas you know how I am about this kind of stuff, it's pointless. Besides, I talked to the guy for three seconds, before running away..."

"Why'd you run away?"

"I don't know! I got flustered for some odd reason and ran off, it's weird."

"Well I have to see what he looks like! Did he tell you his name?"

"Uh, I think it was Wilbur."

"Last name?"

I shook my head, "Did he mention the name of his band?"

"Yeah! He did actually uh, Lovejoy?" 

Lucas hurried to my computer and opened it up, I sat beside him as he opened youtube and typed in 'Lovejoy'. The screen loaded up their channel and some of their music videos.

Lucas clicked on a video called 'Taunt' and it began to play, "Any of them look familiar to you?"

I observed the screen when I finally realized the one in the back was him, he still looked like the sweet guy I met at the train station yesterday.

I pointed at the screen, "Him. That's him."

"He looks cute! I can see you two together."

"Lucas can you stop-"

"The one sitting down is kinda cute, don't you think?"

I shrugged, "I guess?" 

Lucas was admiring the brunette boy sitting in the chair surrounded by Wilbur and his two friends, which I assumed we're members of the band, dancing around him.

I was admiring the music, it was really good. And the music video idea? I thought it was sorta funny. 

The song finally ended and Lucas went to the next one, 'Concrete' which was actually one of their new ones. 

We continued to listen to more of their music, we both really enjoyed them. 

"You should go back to the train station." Lucas said to me.

I turned to him, "Why?'

"Well what if you see him?"

"Gus did say he was a regular there, but he goes during the day. And uh, I kinda can't go out in the sun remember?" 

Lucas rolled his eyes, "Just go! Who knows, maybe he decides to go during the night one night or something, come on Venus!"

I sighed, "Alright! I'll go back to the train station. But not tonight, I'm tired." 

"As long as you go! Can I stay the night? I don't wanna drive back home." 

I nodded, "Mhm, goodnight loser." 

"You are extra sassy today, I love it!" Lucas said, I chuckled. 

Was I gonna go back to the train station? Of course, but not for the reason you may think. 

I just met Wilbur, Lucas is just freaking out because I've talked to another human being other than him. Of course Wilbur is a good guy, I mean at least from our three minute interaction he seemed like it.

But I always go to the train station, I like to play my guitar there for everyone to hear. Music is something I really love, and when other people love listening to me, it makes me happy.

See, I can love music. Loving something, like music or an object, I can do. 

And loving people like my Mum and Lucas, I can do.

But loving someone in a romantic way, I don't think I could ever do. 

_____

a/n: hello kool people

 i hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

i love you guys more than anything.<33

also pls don't forget to vote! it boosts up the story and i'd gladly appreciate it. :)

964 words.