forty seven

_____

"Okay okay! Now can you please tell me why you made me wear this fancy shirt and made my hair look so nice?" 

"Because Wil, my Dad is gonna be here any second and I really want him to like you!" I said fidgeting with his hair again, he held onto my hips which he knew made me really nervous which caused me to stop doing what I was doing and look up at him.

"Venus, calm down. I'm a charming guy, your Dad will love me." He said with a smirk. 

I sighed, "Yeah well, my Grandpa didn't like you. Then again, my Dad never did like my Grandpa so maybe we'll be fine. Unless, he agrees with my Grandpa this one time and ends up not liking you and breaks us up and doesn't let me see you ever again and-" 

Wilbur pulled me in by the face and kissed me, he pulled away which caused me to smile.

"I'm sorry, I talk fast when I'm nervous." I said holding my head, he chuckled.

"I know, but it's cute. Plus, I get to kiss you to shut you up." He said getting closer.

"Well, you wanna shut me up again?" 

"I would lo-"

"Venus! Your Dad is here, come downstairs!" My Mum said knocking on the door which caused me and Wilbur to jump up. 

I sighed, "She scared me."

"Ditto, now are you ready for this?" 

"I don't know Wil, what if-"

"Hey, no what ifs remember? Everything will turn out just fine, I promise." He said holding my hands in his, I nodded before kissing him on the cheek and heading downstairs. 

My parents we're in the dining room, me and Wil made our way there and took our seats. 

Wilbur was sitting right across from my Dad which made me fairly nervous, my Mum finally took a seat and smiled at all of us.

"I'm so glad we all get to spend dinner together, Wilbur you look charming as always."

"Thank you so much Katie, and it's a pleasure to meet you sir." Wilbur said holding his hand out for my Dad, my Dad just stared at him.

I gulped, making a nervous look at my Mum before quickly focusing back to the awkward interaction happening in front of me.

My Dad chuckled, "Please Wilbur, call me Ralph!" He said finally shaking Wilbur's hand. I looked over at Wilbur who was already looking at me mouthing, 'I told you so'. 

I rolled my eyes before beginning to eat, "So Wilbur, how'd you and Venus meet?"

"Well I was on my way to the studio so I can meet my band  and I saw this really pretty girl just sitting there by the train station strumming her guitar and I went to go compliment her and then bracelets we're lost and I waited for her to come back and when she finally did she took me to a cafe to get milkshakes and well, the rest is history." Wilbur said, he gently placed his hand on my knee and rubbed it softly with his thumb, it made me melt. 

"Train station? Venus, does Gus still work over there?" 

I smiled, "He does! Even Wilbur knows him, god I miss him." 

My Dad smiled, "Well we're all gonna have to stop by one night and say hello." I nodded.

"So you two must spend a lot of time together huh?" Dad asked, "Well we're in the same friend group, his friend Tommy they're practically like brothers, he is one of my bestest freinds. You'll have to meet everyone some day."