Ch 30: Reunions

Sorry about posting late this week! I was a bit more occupied than I thought I would be. But anyways, enjoy this new chapter!

I almost laughed out loud once Alice, the lady and I made it past the gates. Alice smirked and taunted the guards and Wally because they were left speechless as they watched us drive off. We were too fast for any of them to try and run after us.

"We should call the police!" The lady huffed once the place was out of sight.

"Hah! We're in hot water with the police, ma'am." Alice replied.

I grimaced while remembering the last time we had the cops chasing after us. "I do not want to do that again." I muttered under my breath.

The lady looked between Alice and I. "So what are we suppose to do now?" She bit her lip.

"Well," I too bit my lip with uncertainness, "I think we should go back to the hotel and try to find them there."

Alice nodded. "I think that would be the most reasonable idea."

I stared down at the gun I had used not that long ago. I frowned.

Alice caught me eyeing the weapon and smirked. "Look at you, (Y/N). You're adapting to the mafia life pretty quickly. Not that long ago, you would hate that Benicio would even pick one up but now you're shooting enemies left and right!" She exclaim with amusement as she continued to drive. Who knows how far from the Silly Vision we were.

"No...this is not sitting right with me." I sighed. "I regret it, even though it saved us. It feels wrong. It is wrong..." I gulped.

"They're bad people. They took us as hostages. Who cares?" Alice scoffed.

The ride back was long, way too long. I almost fell asleep as we reached Silly Vision. We made it back to the hotel and apologized the lady for everything.

"It's not your fault. But thank you." She gave us a small smiled before scurrying off. She must have been traumatized after experiencing all of this because of us.

"We should go inside and search for Benicio and the rest. If they're not here, they might be searching in the dig site's office." I suggested. Alice nodded before we both rushed inside. The people working eyed us eerily as we ran inside and up the stairs.

We made it Benicio's room but it was locked. Alice frantically knocked in vain after a while. It was dead silent inside.

She grimaced. "Cuss." She pulled on the door knob with all her strength, attempting to break in. "Nobody's here." She concluded and kicked the door in frustration. A room service lady frighteningly stared at her.

"Sorry, Miss. We were just about to leave." I apologize as I pulled Alice along with me back down the stairs. "Alice, you can't be acting like that." I grit through my teeth.

She rolled her eyes and pulled away. "Come on we better keep searching."

***

We were back at the dig site and so far, no luck. We even managed to sneak back inside of the office but made sure to stay away from the attic. No more creepy attics.

As we were wandering around the building, a man wearing a white lab coat that everyone inside was also wearing, marched after us. "Hey! You two!" He addressed us, "You aren't allowed in here!" He grabbed Alice by the shoulder.

Alice did not like him touching her so she pushed him back making him stumble. "Excuse me, ever heard of personal space?" She hissed, shoving an accusing finger at him. The man rolled his eyes.

"Women." He grumbled in annoyance.

Alice did not take his comment lightly. She walked straight up to him and knocked the daylights out of him with a single punch to the face.

I raised a brow wondering if all that was really necessary as I stared at the unconscious man.

"How are we supposed to find them if we continue to be stopped by people?" Alice mumbled to herself.

I began to ponder about the same thing. Then it hit me. "Alice, why don't we just take his clothes? We could lock him in a random closet so he can't tell anyone." I suggested with a smile.

"Okay...but what about you? I would have a coat but you wouldn't." She commented.

I nodded my head sheepishly. "Would you mind knocking someone else out?"

***

Alice and I, in our stolen lab coats, rushed around the office, this time without anyone being suspicious of us. In the corner of my eye I saw another group also wander around frantically. Could it be the rest of the group?

I shook Alice a bit to grab her attention. "I think we should follow them." I pointed at them.

She nodded and we both carefully walked over.

"It's been an entire day! Where are they?" A familiar voice came from the group ahead of us.

"We've been searching for hours! Come on, what if they're at the hotel?" Another familiar voice mumbled.

"Why would they be at the hotel without telling us?"

We slowly approached them and then I tapped one of them on the shoulder. The person turned around. It was Sammy!

Alice sighed as the rest of them also turned around and the entire mob was revealed. "Thank goodness!"

"Alice, (Y/N), where were you two?" Benicio questioned with his arms crossed.

I nervously chuckled. "Funny story, we were kidnapped."

"Are you two okay?" Norman fussed.

"Yeah we're fine." Alice nervously scratched the back of her head.

Benicio sighed. "Well there goes a day of work wasted. Who know if we'll ever find that machine." He muttered under his breath.

"Actually," I added, "Alice and I know exactly where it's hidden..."