Ch 6: Thursday Night Trouble

"...You two are so dead." Alice gritted not even bothering to look at them.

There was commotion outside. Citizens were being nosey about the whole thing so they watched from the sidewalk because the police kept them away from the scene. I rather take the place of any person out in the crowd than to be in my situation.

I slumped back in my seat and buried my face into my hands in embarrassment when I saw that news reporters had arrived and started recording what was going on.

"I'm going to ask you folks one more time, please exit the vehicle and raise your hands to where I can see them!" The officer demanded.

A little girl from the crowd pointed at us. "Why did the cops stop them?" She asked he mother with concern.

Her mother held her daughters hand tightly. "They're bad people, sweetie. It's the police's job to stop bad guys."

The girl looked satisfied with her mother's response then looked back at us and gave us a disgusted look before walking away. I slumped further into my seat and groaned.

"What are we gonna do?" I trembled, looking over my shoulder and seeing that the cops were starting to get frustrated with the fact that we weren't coming out of the car.

"The better question is: Why did you show you face, Boris?" Alice grumbled with her arms crossed.

He scoffed. "I didn't. I hid my face behind the fedora before knocking, remember?"

"But why knock at a random person's house? What was the goal?" She uttered.

Boris scowled. "I asked the resident of the house if she knew where Briggs lived. She said she did and gave me his address. I thanked her, then went over to his apartment to finish the assignment. Simple."

"Who's Briggs?" I asked.

"Roger Briggs. Someone who owed Benicio money. Didn't pay his protection fee." Alice quickly answered.

Sammy looked over at the crowd than at the officers who had now started to come towards the car. He groaned then look over his shoulder to face us in the back seats. "I'm gonna do something stupid but y'all gotta trust me."

Our eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Sammy..." Alice warned once she saw that he had switched gears to reverse.

He hit on the pedal so fast that I jerked backwards in my seat. "Sammy!" Alice panicked as we went full speed in reverse. She clutched onto Boris' arm and shut her eyes tight. Boris gripped on to the assist handle and shook Alice off his other arm.

"H-Hey!" One of the officers yelled after us. "Stop in the name of the law!" They all got back into their own vehicles and gunned it towards us.

Sammy was sweating under all the pressure he was under and Alice's screaming wasn't helping.

"Stars above, Alice! Calm down!" He scowled. He eventually was able to turn the ca around and drive normally but still at a very rapid speed.

The red and blue lights were gaining on us. I even heard a loud sound from outside, turned around, and saw it was a helicopter flying over us. How did I end up in this situation.

"The whole force is out for us!" I cautioned.

Sammy was able to speed up and lose the police for a while giving us just enough time to stop the car behind and alley.

"What are we doing here?" Boris muttered.

"Okay, everyone needs to split up. We'll meet each other back at the casino. And remember, Benicio can't know about what happened tonight." Sammy warned.

Boris scoffed. "Obviously."

We all agreed to separate, besides me and Alice, and hide until it was safe to go back. Alice had to stay with me because I didn't know my way back to the Casino.

We heard sirens getting closer so then we all ran in different directions, ditching the car.

***

"Tonight could have gone way worse." Alice joked as we walked through the foggy empty streets just hours after we split. This had been the first time we had spoken since we were left alone.

I shivered in the cold. It wasn't snowing anymore but there was snow covering the streets. "Yeah..." I sighed into my hands to keep them warm.

There had been a few cops roaming the streets but we had successfully hid from them every time.

"I was suppose to be getting a promotion today." I tiredly muttered. "But now I'm freezing, confused, and scared for my life!"

Alice took a breath. "You'll get used to it." I rolled my eyes in reply.

We walked across the crunchy snow until we reached a familiar place. Route 666 Casino.

We were about to enter but then the crunch of someone walking through snow caught our attention. The noise got louder. We turned around and saw footprint on the snow but there was no sign of a person which made me feel tense.

"BOO!" Norman jumped out from the shadows to scare us which had worked as he planned because we both jumped backwards and fell down while screaming in fright. He laughed hysterically we he saw Alice's head covered in snow in the shape of a hat.

She shook the snow hat off her head. "Norman!" Then she looked around again. "Are Boris and Sammy here yet?"

He stopped laughing then cleared his throat. "Yeah, they're over at the bar." He signaled us to follow him inside. Azazel was taking the orders of both Boris and Sammy.

"(Y/N), you're back!" He called us over to come and take a seat. "You ladies want anything?"

"I'll have an espresso martini. I could really use the caffeine right about now." Alice ordered. Azazel nodded then turned to me.

I looked over at the selection. "Uh, I'll just have a water please." He jokingly scoffed then went over to make our drinks.

"Oh and I'll take a whiskey. Thanks for asking." Norman called after him.

"Looks like you two made it back alive." Sammy lifted a brow while taking a sip of his piña colada.

Our beverages were passed over to us. "Barely." I muttered as I took the drink.

Boris set his own refreshment down. "Well at least Benicio will never know."

"I will never know what?"

Everyone froze.

Benicio threw a newspaper across the bar counter which landed directly in front of the four of us. The headlines read: Four Unrecognized Individuals Cause Mayhem. Police Are On The Search To Find Them.

Sammy nervously coughed. "Well that's unfortunate. I hope the police find those rascals."

Benicio chuckled until it became an unsettling laugh. "I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! I don't know how stupid you think I am but I will make sure you will never forget it!"