Ch 12: Progress

"Why do you want to know?" Benicio suspiciously eyes the bartender.

Moon Man straightened up. "I overheard Wally Franks talking about you on the street. Apparently you folks are trying to find the missing ink machine pieces?"

Boris raised an uncertain brow. "What about it?"

"As you know, I have a new bar now. I need money though; to reconstruct, decorate, and stock supplies for it. I also happen to have...a part." He said that last part slowly for it to sink into Benicio.

Norman crossed his arms. "What are you trying ta say?" He was getting bored.

The bartender also crossed his arms. "Well...give me a few hundred-thousand dollars and maybe then we'll talk about you getting the piece." Moon Man smirked with pride.

Benicio did not like that.

"Please. I don't have to do anything for you." He slowly walked around Moon Man with his hands in his pockets. The bartender lost his sly smirk which quickly turned into a worried frown and sweat could be seen rolling off his forehead. "You can easily end up like your brother, y'know. I'll make sure of that." Benicio flatly stated as his own smirk built up on his face.

I couldn't take this anymore. I couldn't just stand there as another individual got murdered infront of me. I quickly stopped Benicio's hand as he took his pistol out of his pocket. The mob boss jerked his hand away and looked at me with confusion.

"Just give him the money." Alice sighed when she saw how worried I looked.

Benicio scowled. "Look. You got lucky this time." He had the pistol at Moon Man's throat. The bartender was practically paler than the snow outside. "But if you ever interfere with us after we're done with this-You get the gist of it." He relaxed his hand down. Moon Man let out a shaky breath.

"I understand, sir. Thank you."

Fortunately, nobody was killed that night and we parted ways with Moon Man after he had kept his end of the deal the next day. He had taken us back to the bar and showed us to the back room, the office. There was a small safe sitting on the corner of his desk which he opened without letting anyone take a look inside which Benicio found pretty odd.

"Here it is." Moon Man said with awe as he carefully took a wrench out of the safe.

Sammy tilted his head. "A wrench? What's up with the magical pieces looking so ordinary?"

Benicio rolled his eyes at his employee's comment as he took out a huge wad of cash. Before Moon Man could attempt to take it, Benicio spoke up, "Hand over the piece."

"What if you take it without paying me?" The bartender argued.

Alice shook her head in disbelief. "Will you boys stop arguing for once? It's basically all you do, yap yap yap."

Benicio looked back at Moon Man and which a aggravated sigh, tossed the wad of money for the bartender to catch almost making drop the wrench. "H-hey! I could've dropped it!" The man gasped as he recollected himself.

"Shut your trap and hand it over, Moon Man." Boris intimidated. The bartender surprisingly did, though he did murmur something in anger which I couldn't make out. Benicio raised a brow at that.

The mob boss stuck his hand out like he did for Moon Man's brother. A small smirk grew on his face."Pleasure doing business with you."

***