Ch 8: Dinner Distraught

Notes: 

(F/C) = Food Choice

***

I was starting to rethink everything that had happened that afternoon. Alice, as she had agreed, helped me with my hair and makeup before dinner with the mob boss. What if he tried to pull something and made me believe he actually turned nice. My stomach flipped upside-down. I guess Alice could sense my worrying  because she patted my shoulder in an awkward manner. 

"Look," she quickly removed her hand. "I know I'm not the best at comforting, but I just wanted to let you know that you look so much better now than you did before my makeup transformation." She snickered as she finished with my eyeshadow. 

I scoffed. "Gee, thanks." I sarcastically said. Even though I had refused using makeup earlier, here I was.

After a minute or so, we finished up and I was ready to go. We walked downstairs where we were met with Benicio waiting for us at the elevator. He had a black suit with a white bowtie on. 

He cleared his throat. "We should get going if we don't want to be late." I nodded and followed him into the elevator as I waved goodbye to the angel. Before the doors shut, Alice gave me a quick thumbs up.

***

It was a foggy cool night. Benicio helped me step out of the car we had used to drive to the restaurant. It was Italian and seemed to be a very popular place since the waiting line went around the corner of the street. Benicio tipped the driver and signaled me to follow him. I whistled as we walked through the doors, the place was huge. 

"Welcome to Classico Italiano  do you have reservations for tonight?" The host asked as we entered. 

"Uh yeah. Drew, table for two." Benicio recalled. 

The host checked her list and smiled. "Follow me this way, Mr. Drew." She led us down the row of full tables and took us to the very back where two empty seats and a table were." The waitress will be with you shortly."

Benicio nodded in approval. "Thank you."

We waited in silence not sure of what to say to each other. Then the waitress finally came, breaking the awkwardness. 

"Hello, my name is Jared and I'll be looking after your table tonight." She beamed. "Can I start you two off with something to drink?" The waitress kindly asked as she reached for her note pad and pen. 

"Yeah, I'll have a Negroni." The demon stated without looking at the menu the waitress had set. 

She nodded and then turned to me. "O-oh, I'll have..." I quickly scanned the beverage section of the menu. "I'll just have a water, please." I answered.

She wrote down our drinks and smiled. "Alrighty, I'll be back with our beverages in a bit." She hurried away. 

I fiddled around with the menu. Pretending to look through it even though I already knew what I wanted. I just didn't know how to start a conversation with a demon. And to make it worse, a demon mob boss

Benicio looked through the menu and then set it down to take a good look at me. "You feeling okay?" 

I stiffened. "U-uh yeah. Peachy." I muttered the last part. Benicio didn't seem impressed with my response. I noticed his look, "Just tired. That's it." I shrugged as I lied. He hummed.

"Well, we need to start talking about business." He stated. I perked up. "Like I had said before, you're free from the mob boss duties. But you can't leave the mob. You already signed the contract, but you don't have to go on missions anymore." He was about to continue but the waitress came by with our drinks. 

"Here you go! She set them both down. Do you guys need more time or are you ready to order?" She asked, holding her pad. 

Benicio nodded. "I'll have Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and a salad." 

"I'll have (F/C), please." I smiled. 

"Sure thing!" She had started to leave but then quickly came back. "Oh! Before I forget, there are four scandalous people outside of the restaurant ordering to be let inside because you invited them? Is this true?" Oh stars.

Benicio grimaced. "No, I have no idea who you they would be." He spoke between his teeth. He obviously looked annoyed because he knew exactly who they were. 

"Okay then. I'll go ahead and called security to handle them. Sorry about that." She turned around to leave.

"Wait!" Benicio called out for her. He murmured something under his breath then spoke again with a fake smile. "Actually, yes. Please bring them in. I just remembered I did invite them." He lied. Benicio didn't want the police called on them again so he really didn't have another choice. 

"O-okay! I'll be right back" She once again hurried off. This time, heading towards the front door. 

The demon rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. "I'm sorry about them again. They really are a pain. 'Specially Boris since he's my brother. Immediately makes him the most difficult." He huffed in joking manner. I giggled at his remark. 

No more than three minutes had passed and the waitress was back with our food and Alice, Sammy, Boris, and Norman. They all wore a smug look as they sat down, having to pull up chairs because it was originally a table for two. The waitress took their orders and left again. 

"You didn't tell me you were going on a date, bro." Boris smirked obviously trying to make his brother's life more awkward. 

"That's because I'm not." Benicio sneered. Boris chuckled. 

"Sorry about coming by on your date, (Y/N). We just couldn't help but come see how it plays out. Go on, pretend we're not even here. What we're you two talking about before we joined?" 

"Business. We're talking about important business so please leave before I bring Hell upon you four!" He growled. 

"Fine. Fine. Fine." Norman  chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pant's pockets. "But not before I do...this!" Norman reached into Benicio's plate and grabbed a handful of his pasta then flung it towards the demon. 

Benicio angrily stood up and removed the food off his clothes. "Cuss you, Norman! Do you even know how much this suit costs! Take a guess, it's worth more than your pathetic life!"  

Norman pretended to look offended before he flung another handful. This time towards Sammy.

"Dammit, Norman! I didn't even want to be a part of this!" Sammy took the food on his clothes and threw it onto Norman's face. My face flushed when I realized that everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. 

"Bring it on, mask boy!" Norman smirked. 

Benicio grabbed Norman's wrist before he could make another move. "You throw anymore food and you're dead." He threatened. 

Guess who threw food anyway and started an entire food fight at the restaurant which got us all banned. So much for a good time.