Ch 3: Difficult Agreements

"So you understand what our deal is, right?" Benicio's brows knit together over his sharp eyes. We had just finished with our agreement: I work for him or I...die. Something I didn't plan on doing anytime soon.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "Yeah...I believe." I let out a sigh, it was a lot to take in. He smirked as he handed me the contract which I had agreed to. I uncomfortably signed it and when I finished, it was gone with a poof.

Norman stood up and picked up a box which was on the floor. "Oh and by the way," He opened the box and none other than Willow jumped out. "We found a cat right after Boris knocked her out. Couldn't leave the poor feline out in the cold."  

"Willow!" I gasped. The small kitten heard then pranced over to me and began to rub it's tiny head against my legs. 

Alice kneeled down to pet her. "Awh! It's absolutely adorable!"

"Oh it's yours. I was thinking about keeping it." Norman chuckled.

The mob boss was not pleased about my cat. "Well, don't just let it walk around on my floor! The animal is probably dirty and will ruin my carpet!" I quickly apologized and picked Willow up. She was so tired that she fell asleep right in my arms. 

+++

"Ultimately, it's not the best room but you'll be fine." Alice assured. She put her hands on her hips. "Huh. There really is a lack of windows in here..." She stated as she looked around the dark room. I slowly nodded. 

I was still carrying Willow but then set her down on the bed once we had turned the lights on. I also sat down and gently began to pet her hoping to reveal all my stress, but sadly, it wasn't helping.

I guess the angel noticed my worried face because she too sat down beside me. "Hey, there's no need to feel that way." I looked up and stared at her with teary eyes. I could feel she wanted to hug me or something just by the look of her face but instead her stood up and walked over to the door. "You'll feel better in the morning." And with that she left me, in a small room, in unfamiliar surroundings. Alone.

I cried myself to sleep that night, wrapped up in bed sheets and having my kitten resting beside me. Most of the time, I was tossing and turning in bed because I couldn't sleep. But when I finally did, it was pretty late.

Thump. Thump. Thump. There was someone knocking at the door.

"Uh, breakfast is ready if you want to come and join us." Sammy's muffled voice asked. I didn't reply. "Boris made it. He's a great chef and..." He cut himself off. Next thing I heard were footsteps leaving.

I grimianced when I heard my stomach beg for food and it wouldn't shut up. "Oh alright." I stood up and left the room. 

When I closed the door behind me, I noticed how big the hallway was. There were paintings and artifacts, it looked like a museum. I stared in awe when I saw how many rooms there were. I came across a large archway leading to another room. I could hear familiar voices coming from it.

I went inside and noticed that it was a huge kitchen. Everyone in the mafia was there, actually, I didn't see Benicio. Everyone hushed when they saw me enter. I turned red in embarrassment and quickly turned around to leave.

"Oh! You were able to come!" Alice chripped and rushed over to me. She grabbed my wrist and took me to another room, the dining room. "We'll come join you in a bit. Go ahead and pick out a seat." She hurried back to the kitchen.