Ch 22: An Unexpected Trip

"Susie. Out of all people, why Susie!" Benicio threw his hands up in frustration.

Alice and I raised a brow.

We had already arrived in Silly Vision and we're walking around town trying to find a local motel. Benicio was irritated but as long as we came back with a part, that's all that he cared about.

"Who's Susie?" Norman asked as we continued to walk.

Tom whistled and smirked.

Benicio rolled his eyes. "Just a dame I used to date over five years ago." He grumbled. "She still holds a grudge for me because I left her."

A small motel, at the edge of the street was where we had decided to stop and rest. I looked around the little lobby of the motel. It was a small but welcoming place.

Benicio rang the bell and waited. He rang it again when no one had appeared yet. A young girl, not that much younger than me came rushing over from the back.

"My apologies, I was a bit busy back there." She chuckled sheepishly. "How may I help you today?"

Boris looked around and counted all of us. "Could we have...three rooms with double beds please. Oh and extra blankets since this guy," he pointed towards Tom, "Will be sleeping on the floor."

Tom scoffed and crossed his arms.

The lady nodded her head slowly in confusion and then turned around. I heard her rifle through a few things. A clipboard snapped onto the counter. Three keys were tossed over as well. Boris signed the papers and pushed to clipboard to the edge of counter. She took the papers back and smiled.

"Alright, you're all set! Have have great day!"

Benicio grabbed the keys and headed to the hall as we all followed behind.

"Thanks, miss!" I said over his shoulder.

We reached our rooms and all went our separate ways. Alice and I in one room, Boris, Benicio, and Tom in the next and then Norman and Sammy in another. The room were small but cozy, the first thing I did was wrap myself in blankets because of the chilly weather outside.

Alice paced across the floor. She obviously had something in her mind. "I remember Susie, I never liked her presence. She can get really cocky." She uttered.

I tilted my head. "And..?"

"And," Alice continued, "She's gonna hate you. Who knows what she might do..." She trailed off.

I got an anxious feeling and began to fiddle around with my fingers. "What do you mean? Why would she want anything to do with me?"

Alice stopped pacing and gave me a dumbfounded look. "Duh, because Benicio obviously likes you and Susie is gonna get jealous because they were together first. Keep up!"

I blushed but then bit my lip with uneasiness. "Oh." I tugged at the blankets.

"Maybe you shouldn't come on this mission." Alice suggested with a shrug. "She crazy. Believe me." She widened her eyes.

"Oh I believe you." I said with a smirk. "Everyone you hang out with is crazy."

Alice rolled her eyes playfully. "That includes you." She challenged back. I snorted.

"How much longer until we have to go?"

Alice sat down on her own bed. "Hopefully tomorrow. I'm too tired for tonight." She yawned as she snuck under the covers of her bed. I did the same thing and sighed. My eyes felt heavy and it because harder for me to keep them open.

"Good night, then." I finally yawned before I quickly fell asleep.

***

"So what's the plan?" Sammy asked during breakfast. It was already the next morning and we were all in the motel's cafe enjoying flapjacks, waffles, and French toast. Basically all the best breakfast foods. I drowned my food in syrup and mounted it with a ton of strawberries and raspberries.

Benicio looked up from his newspaper, it was the same one from the other day. I'm guessing he was looking for more information about where he could find Susie. "The plan is to find Miss Campbell and have her hand over the piece. I know she just found it to taunt me." He muttered as he took a bite. "She knows that I've been search for the pieces for a long time."

Tom lifted an ear. "Did you guys go look for the pieces together? How adorable." He gave Benicio a smug look.

The demon scowled. "No. I had already given up looking for the rest but she knew I had the record. Now stop that or you will regret it." He warned without looking at him.

"Do you know where she lives?" I tried to add.

The mob boss looked up this time. "If I did, we wouldn't be here." He sighed, folding his newspaper.

"Well sitting here isn't helping. We should go ask people if they know where she is. She's quite the celebrity now, I'm sure it won't be that hard." Alice suggested around a glass of milk.

Everyone agreed so we all decided to go out right after breakfast. We even tried to persuade Benicio into staying at the motel because of his injury but he didn't want to hear about it. Norman snickered each time that Benicio would stumble as he walked. Benicio threatened to pull a gun at one point because of how annoyed he was. But besides all of the commotion, we finally found someone who might be able to take us to Susie. We were walking down the street when we saw a lady exit out of a flower shop across the street. Benicio seemed to recognize her from the newspaper. She was one of the people who were now searching for the rest of the pieces.

"That lady over there might know where she's at. She's from the paper I was reading earlier. I remember her from the pictures." Benicio stated.

Sammy looked up to see the lady, but when he did, she was gone. "Uh, Benicio? You may want to start walking faster because...she's gone."

"Dear lord- Okay, she couldn't have gone far. Boris, Tom and I will go left and the rest of you will go right. Don't scare her off, we need her for the information." Benicio ordered. We nodded, crossed the street and then went our separate ways.

Alice, Norman, Sammy and I tried to walk as normal as possible but at a quick speed to attempt to not seem suspicious. But we couldn't seem to find her.

"Maybe she didn't go this way?" I finally said and stopped walking.

Norman looked forward and scratched the back of his head. "I don't know but we better find her."

"What do you guys want from me?!" An alarmed voice shouted from behind us. It was her. "I-I'm going to call the police!" She stuttered before running away.

My eyes widened. "You don't have to do that." I anxiously chuckled.

"Ma'am! Wait!" Alice called after her. She turned around to see the rest of us flabbergasted. "We'll don't just stand there like idiots! Come on!"

So with that, we began a full on chase after her. So much for not scaring her off.