Chapter 52: So What Now?

Kyoto (3rd Person Pov)

Mordred was sitting in bed, it had been five days since her fight with Aether and she was still bedridden from his last attack.

Mordred: How long until this heals?

She lifted her left arm seeing it wrapped in bandages and a purple glow coming from beneath it.

Mordred: He has definitely developed his strength. At the pace things are going, whether I have Rhongomyniad or not, it won't even matter if his pure strength can greatly outweigh mine. I didn't anticipate him to be so powerful even without the Rinnegan.

Mordred sat up to see from her bed taking the sheets off her.

Mordred: I can't be wasting any more time here, I need to get stronger.

Mordred stood on the ground and then walked up to her door however before she could open it the door suddenly was thrust open by Miyamoto.

Mordred: Miyamoto?!

Miyamoto: Mordred! Thank God! Have you seen the news?!

Mordred gave Miyamoto a confused look.

Mordred: No... I haven't, why?

Miyamoto: You have to see it...

Miyamoto went to turn the tv in her room on instantly switching it to the news channel to which plastered a shocked face on Mordred.

Mordred: What... what the hell?

On the news were clips of Aether and Lumine going toe to toe with each other creating shockwaves as they levelled what was once known as Tokyo.

News Reporter: We learned about Tokyo's inexplicable damage today. Scientists determined that this phenomenon was too destructive to be a typical terrorist attack. Based on their research, they came to the conclusion that a collision of unstable atoms caused a domino effect, causing them all to explode and produce the flashing lights that obliterated our great city.

When they played the video, Mordred became confused about what exactly they were witnessing because, to her, she could see Aether and Lumine fighting and the damage was being done as a result of the force of their blows.

Mordred: Are they trying to hide the fact that it was two beings who were able to destroy the whole city?

Miyamoto: Humans can't see anything quicker than light with their naked eyes, so even something like lightning is difficult for them to notice. However, we supernatural beings can keep up with Aether's movement, so we know he had some sort of participation.

Mordred: I see, so they can only guess what caused this damage; however, we know it was Aether.

Miyamoto: Yeah... however we need to find out who that other being is.

Mordred's eyes frantically looked around the screen until they landed on a certain being.

Mordred: Who is that?

Mordred pointed to the corner of the screen towards Morgan causing Miyamoto to frown.

Miyamoto: I'm not sure who that is but... I do know they're part of Euthanasia.

Mordred: Euthanasia? Are they involved in this?

Miyamoto: They very much could be although from the looks of it this new being and Euthanasia aren't exactly on the same side.

Mordred: Which means it's just another problem for us...

Miyamoto: Not for us, I'm afraid this new supernatural being is a problem for the whole universe...