Chapter 48: Pendragon Art

Aether's Mindscape (3rd Person Pov)

Enyo looked down from her throne to Aether who stood frozen in his place, she noticed the trembling of his fingers. Enyo sighed as she raises her left hand and slams it on the armrest of her throne, causing a loud pounding noise that drew Aether's attention.

 Enyo sighed as she raises her left hand and slams it on the armrest of her throne, causing a loud pounding noise that drew Aether's attention

Aether: Enyo...

Enyo: You... don't tell me you're scared?

Aether: I'm not afraid; it's only that meeting her in person has shown me how terrible this situation is.

Enyo: So you're admitting she's a few levels ahead of you?

Aether: Yeah... there's no other way around it.

Enyo: So, what do you have planned for the future? Would you like to flee?

Aether: Ha! As if running away from someone like her will get me away from her!

Enyo: Tell me then, what do you have planned?

Aether: I'm not sure. I knew I was outmatched from the start; I couldn't follow her movement, not even a fraction of it, and I had my entire body on red alert.

Aether frowned in annoyance as Enyo giggled.

Enyo: It sounds like you're in a tight spot.

Aether: Did you expect something else?

Enyo: Not really, you have so much to learn.

Enyo smirked at Aether as she rose from her chair and headed towards the cage.

Aether: You... what are you thinking of?

Enyo: Oh? you're getting a little wary now; you can't trust me after I aided you in your struggle with Mordred? What a heartbreaking situation...

Aether: Why should I put my faith in a deity that has managed to imprison themself inside my own body?

Enyo: You really do have a mouth that can talk. Come closer boy.

Aether: Why should I?

Enyo: There's so much you don't know about the Pendragon body.

Aether: So what? What are you going to do?

Enyo: Teach you. I'll teach you everything I know about the Pendragon body.

Aether: And I should trust you why?

Enyo: Because if you die, I die and I actually value my life right now.

Aether and Enyo locked gazes, Aether not shifting an inch from his position as he remained wary of Enyo until he grinned.

Enyo: Oh?

Aether: You really are soft...

Enyo's eyes twitched in annoyance.