Chapter 46: Shuten-Douji

??? (3rd Person Pov)

Mordred awoke to find herself in the middle of a battleground. She anxiously searched the area for any indications of human life.

Mordred: What's going on? Where am I?

An explosion threw Mordred backwards. She landed on her back and raised her head to see Aether and a blonde-haired female battling.

???: Is that all you've got, brother?!

Mordred: Brother? Do Aether and I have another sibling that we don't know about?

Mordred was taken aback by Aether's brutality as he evaded a strike from the woman, then raised his sword into the air and severed her entire arm.

Mordred: No way...

Mordred stood there watching as a black aura emerged from the woman's elbow, rebuilding her arm fully.

The lady swung another punch at Aether, which he deflected by ducking beneath it. Aether then lifted his right leg and kneed the girl, sending her flying into the forest.

Mordred watched as the lady sprang up from the ground in front of Aether with a happy expression plastered across her face as Aether chased her into the forest.

???: Incredible! That was really good!

The woman punched Aether blasting him back to where Mordred was as he smacked the ground causing dust to cover him like a smokescreen.

Mordred: Aether!

The dust cleared to reveal Aether standing up whilst the woman appeared from the smokescreen once more.

???: You're this strong already! Why won't you become a true dragon Aether! Why do you refuse to fuse your cores together?!

Aether: Because i don't want to become like you! That's all.

???: I see, then that means... you have to die, brother.

Aether smirked then pointed his sword at the woman.

Aether: Pendragon Art True Form: Aether!

Aether's aura roared as he charged at the woman making her laugh hysterically.

Lumine: Dark Arts Annihilation Form: Death!

As Aether came into touch with the lady, a dark aura blazed over her, and their auras joined as Mordred could only witness Aether stab the woman in the neck, only for her to shove the sword away from her neck and down to her stomach.

Aether's blade ripped a hole in her stomach with a beam, and he then yanked the sword out by splitting her in half symmetrically.

Their auras suddenly dispersed, revealing Aether with the woman's fist puncturing his chest, prompting her to scream.

???: You're going to die, brother! You have to fuse! Rayquaza said she'll do it with you! You must survive, Aether!

Aether clenched his teeth and lowered his blade, cutting into her neck and slowly moving across it.

???: Why?! Why do you refuse so much?!

Aether: I told you already! I'm not going to become like you!

As Aether grew closer to totally chopping her neck off, the woman began to worry. In an attempt to flee, she threw a punch at his face with her free hand, only for Aether to catch her wrist with his own free hand.

Aether: Which one of us will die first, me or you?!

???: It'll be you! If you're going to die then die for me, Aether!