I paused in shock.

"W-What first plan?", I asked in a scared voice.

"Ask your Aunt", Mason scoffed.

My heart sank. My eyes wide as saucers. My mouth open in bafflement.

No. No way.

She's a bitch, but even she wouldn't stoop so low.

"What?", I whispered in reply.

"Susan. Ask her if you wanna know my plan. She's taking too long. I'm impatient. You know me", Mason said in a bored voice.

What?!

I blink away my tears gathering any strength I can.

"What do you want?", I asked seriously.

"Ah ah not so soon. Take you time to figure it out yourself. I've trained you well", Mason said softly.

Yes. He trained me partially growing up. Dad wanted us all to get trained for the mafia even though we were away. And he was one of the best back then.

I gulped trying to even my breathing.

"Mason you've known George just as long as I have. You know he's innocent and has got nothing to do with anything. Why are you torturing him?", I asked softly losing hope.

"You're right I've known the kid as long as you have. A good kid really. But he's close to you and I knew where he lived. So a good option, you know. He didn't even suspect me when I kidnapped him", Mason scoffed.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"How long are you planning to keep him?", I asked terrified.

"Look Troy, if my plan one works then I don't need George. I'll happily let him go", Mason replied.

I thought about it.

"So you want me to ask Aunt Susan to buckle up whatever she's doing?", I asked in realisation.

"Ahh! That's my boy! Took a while, but you made it out! See I always liked you!", Mason cheered happily.

I grit my teeth.

"So yeah. Susan's annoying me now. What better motivation for you than saving your best friend whose kinda like a brother to you? Make her do her job or George it is", Mason said in a deep low voice.

I breath out heavily and take a seat down next to my bed feeling overwhelmed.

"Can I speak to him one last time?", I asked softly.

No reply for a while.

"Please Mason. He's in this because of me", I whispered as tears yet again formed in my eyes.

After a long minute I heard his shattered breathing.

"He's listening", Mason grunted.

"George..I'm so sorry", I cried.

I couldn't hold it. I care too much about my people.

"Troy", He cried in pain.

I close my eyes as tears spilled out non stop.

"Nothing will happen to you George. Listen to me. I will save you okay? No matter what you will be safe. Stay strong for me please", I said with as much strength as I could.

I heard his sniffs and I knew he's trying hard not to cry.

"Troy..if mum calls you please tell her I'm with you. Please don't tell her the truth. She thinks I'm on a vacation at your place", George cried.