43 - Chapter Forty-Three - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

The sound of one of our phones woke us both up. It was well past our normal time to get up, and that was kind of funny. Ryer came running back to the bedroom, tossing the closet door open while calling back whoever it was who called. On speaker, so he could get changed. He set my phone on the end of the bed, too.

"About time you called me back. Where the fuck are you, Ryer? You're late."

Andrei, and he sounded mildly annoyed.

"Sorry, late night. My bad, I'm just getting dressed."

"What the fuck were you doing last night that caused you to sleep in to fucking noon, Ryer?"

Before he could respond to that, I answered for him.

"Me."

"Right, Afternoon Sasha. I didn't need to know that."

"You asked."

I heard him sigh.

My phone rang. I was fully intending to ignore it, but Ryer spoke up.

"Answer that, It's Maddox."

I sat up and grabbed it. My back was super tender, but nothing some of the wonderful drugs in the nightstand wouldn't fix. I answered and put it on speakerphone.

"Sasha, Afternoon. I tried calling twice before. I assumed you were busy since another member of my family seems to have fallen off the earth as well."

"Long night." I muttered.

Before anyone else could say another word, Andrei yelled from his end not to ask about it.

"Andrei?"

"Phone tag. You called me and Ryer was on the phone with Andrei because he is very late for work."

"Yes, he is. Good ass will do that, though." Maddox said, chuckling.

"Anyway, was there something I could do for you? I'll be a bit, about half an hour to get dressed, but I can meet up with you."

"Get dressed in a suit. We have a lunch meeting with another don and underboss. It's discussing the apartment problem."

"Right, I'm getting up. I'll see you shortly."

Ryer left me with a kiss and a glass of water before he took off. I pulled one of the pain pills out of the bottle in the nightstand, popped it, and swallowed it down with water. I was going to have to grab something quick and small to eat so that the medication didn't hurt my stomach. I waited another ten minutes before getting out of our bed. Everything of mine was pretty stiff except for my dick.

Slowly making it to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and grabbed a handful of washed strawberries out of the bowl. They were for something he wanted to make, but the bowl was large enough Ryer wouldn't notice the missing handful.

I chewed them back all the way to the bedroom and then in the doorway for a moment. I wasn't looking forward to having lunch with another don and underboss, but it had to be done in this case. I couldn't just deal with it myself. Pushing down the feeling of annoyance, I headed to the closet. Looking through all my suits, I wanted just to put on my tactical gear, but there was a problem with that. It was in my apartment closet and Maddox would probably lose his mind. So that was out of the question. Plus, he asked me to put on a suit, so I would.

Pulling out a maroon dress shirt and a nice black suit. I ignored the ties and borrowed a pair of cufflinks from Ryer.

Donned in my suit, I tucked my phone into my breast pocket along with my I.D, and wallet. I didn't bother grabbing keys because I wasn't sure if I was going to need them, but chances were I would not. Maddox would probably want to drive one of his fancy sports cars he owned. That was more exciting than my SUV, and having him drive was better.