30 - Chapter Thirty - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

Ryer's bed was a great place to be at one-thirty in the afternoon. I had got everything I had for my office together and had even worked out with Ryer before he left for work. He said he had a pretty busy day so if he wasn't back for dinner not to freak out it was ok.

Fading in and out of sleep for the last twenty minutes, I finally closed my eyes feeling like I was finally going to stay asleep. I was wrapped around Ryer's pillow breathing in his comforting pine scent.

I woke to a startle when the door smashed open, followed by yelling and shouting. The voices were clearly Ryer and someone else, someone I didn't know. My head was spinning from sitting up so fast that I didn't trust my legs at all. Ryer opened the door, peeling his jacket and t-shirt off. The room was dark, so he must not have seen me, but the other man did when he stepped in the doorway.

"Ryer, on your bed."

He turned his head, finally spotting me.

"Sasha, shit, I didn't even think you would be here."

The only thing I had on was a pair of black sweatpants, and Ryer clearly didn't like that the other man was having a look at me.

"Demitri go wait for me in the kitchen."

"Right, Got it."

He had the t-shirt he had pulled off pressed against his arm but the dry blood around his arm was a dead giveaway about the wound he was keeping pressure on.

"What happened?"

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

"Let me see your arm."

"It's nothing, just a small scrape, I'm just getting changed and then—-"

"Going to see Alessio?"

"Sasha it's just a—-"

"Ryer that is not a scrape, if it was you wouldn't be holding that much pressure on it."

He didn't fight me when I pulled his hand and t-shirt away to see a good gash. It was going to need cleaning and either some glue or stitches.

"Keep pressure on that."

I grabbed a random sweater out of the closet and pulled it on. Ryer sighed.

"Sasha, I have a lot of work to do, I can't stop right now and go have this—-"

"You, What is Ryer doing today?"

The man, Demitri looked up at me. He looked confused by me speaking to him but quickly answered.

"Ryer is questioning the guy who gave him the love tap there on his arm about missing money and weapons."

"Not anymore he is not. He is going to get that arm looked at."

"Sasha, I am capable—-"

"I've got it. Go get your arm looked at."

"Sasha—-"

"Go get your arm looked at. I can handle this."

"Fine. But I'll be quick."

Ryer left Demitri in the wing with me and he looked away from me, not once actually meeting eyes with me.

"Alright, show me where this guy is."

"What?"

"The guy who stabbed Ryer, the one he had to question?"

"Oh."

He started to walk after I put my boots on. He kept quiet as we walked.

"How long have you worked with Ryer?"