22 - Chapter Twenty-Two - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

Ryer was awake when I opened my eyes, and we were in a very interesting position. I had somehow curled myself around him and tucked myself into his side, my head resting on his shoulder. His arm was wrapped around me holding me against him. Ignoring the feeling to move away and apologizing to Ryer for being so close to him was hard, but I did it.

"How did you sleep?"

I hummed against his chest not quite moving yet. He started rubbing circles on my back and o really had to focus on what his fingers were doing so I didn't pass out again.

"I'm thinking we can do a light walk around the complex a few times a week until you are cleared to work out again," Ryer suggested.

"Mhmm," I mumbled against his skin.

I was so warm against his side, I was really loving it too. I didn't want to even have to move.

"Sasha, do you want to get up and get some lunch, it's after one in the afternoon."

"No."

Ryer started to pull away from me and it was becoming clear I wouldn't be getting my own way here. I tried to hold him against me, but he was quick to untangle me. I sighed deeply. He lifted an eyebrow at me.

"You done?"

"Not even close."

I stretched out bones popping and shifting as I did so. As much as I hated it, I got out of bed. Ryer opened his closet and tossed a sweater at me. I didn't even bother looking to see what it was until after I pulled it on. I wrinkled my nose at the college sweater, why the heck did he still have his college sweater?

"You still have your college sweater? Why?"

"That thing was far from cheap."

"Right."

"You don't have yours?"

"No, I'm sure it's still at my parents somewhere, but I never took it when I moved."

"Mine is more of a victory trophy you could say. It's more of a reminder that I put myself through college to better myself."

"Oh."

"Yeah, My parents could have cared less about my education. They had marriage problems and once I was eighteen I was gone. I never once looked back."

"Do you speak to them?"

"No, They have never reached out or even asked about me. I have cousins I see once every few years and from what I hear, it never got any better."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It is what it is, I can't change it."

"If it helps even a touch, my parents like you."

"I like your parents too."

He seemed like he meant it. I still felt pretty awkward about asking about his parents. I didn't expect Ryer to not have a relationship with his own parents, he seemed like the type that did at face value. Pushing aside the awkward feeling I walked past Ryer to the kitchen, in all his clothing.

"So hey, I have to ask because I know everyone else stays here. But what the hell happens to my apartment now?"

"I'm sure Maddox will want you to stay here, but I'd still keep it. But it's a good thing to bring up with him for sure."

"Oh hey, I forget to ask until now, but did you fill my gas tank and have my oil changed?"

"Yeah, but if you want to thank anyone, Andrei was the one who did all the work."