02 - Chapter Two - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

Ryer had shown me to his spare bedroom in the far back of the section before he headed out to go do whatever the person the one phone had asked him to. I figured it was one of three people, Cade, Andrei or Maddox. He left me with little to do other than lie around and relax, which should have been what I did. But, no. After he left, and I waited on the bed for a moment, before standing up, and slowly moving around the room, looking around. I check the spare dresser for things, but they were empty and so was the spare desk and closet. My stuff from Alexi's sat neatly in a few bags on the end of the bed.

With Ryer gone, I could dig around in his space and find out more about him. As far as I was concerned if I could open it, then it was fair game.

The first place I limped to was the desk where he had pulled the files out before, inside the same drawer there was a ton of files on all kinds of things. Some of them even had seals on them and blacked out marks. Everything I was finding was dated about seven years in the past and bared his own signature. They were incident reports and there was easily a hundred, in just the single file I was in.

I skimmed through a few reading what I could before tucking them away. It seemed they involved Ryer in some high-level stuff before they discharged him. Keeping his full name in mind, I was going to run it through not only our LHPD database but whatever ones I could get my hands on.

I was curious about his entire story and how he got here, but there was no way I was actually going to ask him.

Digging around in the other drawers, I didn't really find anything more than a few pens, a notebook and just random office supplies. Every other room off the living room area seemed to be the same. Except for the two last doors, which seemed to be locked. I knew I had the skills to bust the lock on both doors, but the problem was after I broke them, I couldn't hide the fact I had been in them.

But I might just be able to open it without actually having to bust the lock. I might just be able to slip something around the latch and pop it open.

Shaking the doorknob once more, I sighed. I wanted into the room to look around. Limping into the kitchen, I dug around in some drawers looking for anything I could use to slip around the latch in the door. There was surprisingly all kinds of things that I could use.

Deciding on a long thin metal knife, I slipped it in between the lock and doorjamb and the door popped open with no problem. The room that opened before me smelled like soft pine. In the dark, I could make out a large king-sized bed and a couple of dressers, some nightstands and a desk set. There were a couple of closet doors on the far wall, and a bathroom just off the bedroom.

Flicking on the light they used the same tile in the bedroom only far darker than the soft white-grey of the hall, kitchen and living room. His room was spotless, and that was amusing to me. He really didn't seem the type to be so clean and put together.

Wandering farther into his space, I wasn't sure where to start in here. Hell, The balls I had when I opened the door seemed to fade after I thought about how mad he was going to be if he come back to see me in his room which had been locked.

His feelings weren't my concern, so I continued my raid on his personal space. Heading to the nightstand on the far side, the top held a hardcovered book and a metal water bottle. I opened the only drawer and looked inside.

There were a few bottles of regular pain pills you could buy at a grocery store and a box of condoms, which somehow, didn't surprise me, he seemed like the type. Hell, He was even trying to get it from me before all this. Closing the drawer I laid flat across the bed and groaned. His bed was so damn comfortable. I could tell just from lying on it the way I was. Inching over the side of the bed, I pulled the blanket up and spied several gun cases.