25 - Chapter Twenty-Five - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

"Drink it." He snapped.

"No. I'm not drinking that sludge."

"Sasha it is six in the morning and you are trying my patience. Drink the protein shake."

"It tastes like chalkboard dust." I hissed, sliding back towards him.

"Fine."

"Fine."

I wobbled back to the bedroom and pulled on the workout clothing. When I came out he was drinking coffee at the kitchen table and there was another sitting on the table too. He knew what I liked in my coffee and it looked fine, so I drank it. The aftertaste was the first thing that told me he had contaminated my coffee with protein powder.

"You are why we can't have anything nice." I sighed.

"You're drinking it though."

"The aftertaste is horrible," I whined.

"I'll look for something that is more or less tasteless for you."

"Fine." I hissed.

I walked to the cupboard and pulled down my cookies. I could feel the look from Ryer.

"Need I remind you it is six in the morning."

"Need I remind you, you contaminated my coffee and I'm still going to drink it, but I'm having a cookie as a reward because I deserve it."

For that comment of his, I took two cookies. His jaw was twitching in frustration or annoyance. He waited until I finished my coffee and cookies before he made me leave the apartment with him. I was basically dragging myself behind him; I didn't want to be awake. An entire week of getting up early after going to bed later and later had wiped me out.

"Let's go, Sasha, you are so slow this morning."

"Go away."

"Not happening. We have training and conditioning to start."

I was going to condition him alright. We got to the workout room, and he set me up on a treadmill. He set the pace low and left me to do my own thing. He peeled his sweater off and set his own pace on the treadmill. I upped the speed twice well he wasn't looking. He had me set at ninety-year-old grandmother with two broken hips walking speed, not mine.

The music blaring in my ears was the only thing that was keeping me awake for the first ten minutes of the walk I was taking. Ryer had finished his run on the treadmill. He had gone to lift weights, and it was pleasant to watch. Watching him work out was a perfect example of what he could do. This man killed sit-ups with his arms crossed over his chest.

It was a wonder to me how Alexi could workout with the man he loved and was attracted to without wanting to devour him every second. I wanted to be on Ryer like the sweat running down his chest. His t-shirt was clung to him like a second skin.

I had to force myself to actually look away before I got caught openly admiring his sweaty fit body.

"Sasha, You can come to do some other exercises now."

My music was low enough to hear him, but I ignored him. He got up off the floor mat and came over, hitting the end button on the treadmill.

"What are you doing?"

"Get off and you can come to do some other exercises."

"Can I pass?"

"Not a chance."

I groaned as I walked to the mat with him. Once down on the mat, he laid out the plan.

"First, we can do some sit-ups, after that, I'm thinking we try——-"