06 - Chapter Six - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

We got to the garage after Alexi sent Creed a message asking if he was free to join us. He had politely declined because he was busy with some work he couldn't skip out on. Alexi and I got into his car, and he hit the garage button. Getting into his car had been a massive undertaking since it was so low to the ground, but I managed it. Alexi turned on the heated seat for me before he pulled out of the garage.

"I brought a few pain pills, from when Creed had the gunshot wound. There is a case of water that we keep in the trunk, just let me know if you need a pill and some water."

"Thank you. I appreciate that. I'll let you know if I need anything."

The guards at the gate stopped Alexi when he tried to leave. They just wanted to know approximately when he would be back because they were going to grate the gravel in the driveway and didn't want to be an inconvenience to him. I was worried they were going to stop him and not allow him to take me because he wasn't Ryer.

I let out a breath of relief when we were on the open road.

"I thought they were stopping you because of me."

"Honestly, I thought the same for a moment."

"Why only a moment?"

"I remembered that Ryer is only a righthand, he is not my boss or fellow underboss."

The urge to tell him that he could tell Maddox about this lingered on my tongue but I didn't say it. I wasn't going to ruin this trip out. I was going to have a few hours without Ryer to address my own issues. One of them being I was livid about not being able to do things for myself and I needed him for a babysitter. I was sure a few hours away would do us both good. But I was sure he was going to freak out once he realized I left and didn't say a word to him.

"You know Ryer is going to be upset about this," Alexi said, breaking the silence in the car.

"One, you suggested this too late to think about that now, also I need this. I've already punched him once since I've been back."

"Sasha."

"He makes me so angry. I just want to hit him. I can't help it."

"Sasha you can't just go hitting him."

"I know this, Alexi. It's not like I enjoy hitting him. With the way he was before I was injured, being all touchy with me too, and my own anger of not being able to care for myself it's just making me ugly. I feel useless."

"I understand Sasha, trust me."

"After I hit him, and bust his lip. He was still more worried about me than himself and I feel guilty. I just want to make him angry and annoyed with me."

"You want to bother him for all the times he bothered you?"

"Exactly, What better options do I have? I'm not allowed to work for six months at the soonest he says."

The feeling of my phone buzzing had me groaning. It didn't take a ticket scientist to know that the unknown number that was calling was most likely Ryer. I hit the power button on the side of my phone when pulled it out to dismiss the call. Alexi looked at my phone screen before he pulled out his own phone setting it in the dashboard.

Six times I dismissed his call before he called Alexi. I wanted to tell him not to answer it but he did.

"Ryer."

"Alexi."

"What the hell do you want."

"Sasha."