26 - Chapter Twenty-Six - Sasha Dean's Point Of View.

Ryer and I were expected to be at the medical centre for one in the afternoon. It wasn't that far, But it was highway driving. Six weeks ago. It really pulled it all into perspective about just how quickly I had been falling for Ryer and that was terrifying. It couldn't be normal to fall for someone that quickly, hell, we had only known each other for a handful of months. Ryer didn't seem at all put off by me being around still and he had to know by now how deeply fucked up this was all becoming for me. I had told him my head was a mess but how much of that did he actually believe from me. He had to think I was lying, but I wasn't. Not even close.

"Sasha, your speeding."

"It's fine."

"You're going to get a ticket."

I pulled my wallet out and opened it, all well driving with only one hand holding the wheel. I tossed it on the dashboard with my badge showing.

"You have a badge? Since when?"

"I've always had one. I just don't show it off."

"Huh, I thought you only worked in the HQ."

"I do, most times. I have fieldwork rarely but also enough that I need to carry it around."

"Does it allow you to carry a gun?"

"No. Until recently, I wasn't allowed a work weapon. I've chosen not to take one now."

"You don't have any weapons?"

"That's, not at all what I said."

"So you do have a weapon?"

"Of course I do. I have personal weapons, from when I was special ops."

"They never asked you to turn them in?"

"No, and neither did the feds when they canned me. They only placed a work weapon ban on me."

"That's odd."

"You're telling me, I found out about the removal of the ban when I was in the medical centre. I received an email, but I ignored it. Wasn't all that important."

I saw the flashing lights before Ryer did. We weren't even out of the Lake Haven police's zone yet either.

"Oh look. I got us company."

Ryer looked up from his phone and sighed.

"I told you, you were speeding."

I pulled over and waited for the cop to come over. He had run my plate a time or two by now and he was on his walky-talky. Ryer was frowning beside me.

"I will be fine Ryer."

"You're still going to get a ticket for this."

The cop finally got out of the car and I hissed.

"You're going to be fine, huh?"

"Ryer shut up. That's my supervisor."

He snorted and looked back down at his phone.

My supervisor looked amused.

"Sasha, do I need to remind you this is a hundred zone, not one twenty."

"No, I know that."

"Why are you speeding then?"

"I have an appointment at the medical centre, Six weeks checkup."

"Right. Hello Ryer." He said nodding at Ryer.

Ryer said hello nodded back.

"Alright, here's your ticket. Chief says to stay under a buck five and you won't get dinged again."